Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Photos affecting your surfing b/c you have dial-up? Here's a solution.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grousing

OK so I can totally stop all pictures of all the great gals on this board to speed up my time. I like seeing small pictures of people next to their posts.
    How about just asking the people who post two or three 5 x 7 photos of whatever to just stick to the rules.
    I enjoy seeing their hubby, dog, kids, just not 6 inches of them at the bottom of every post.
    Color me grumpy,
    Sammi

Sammi

Meds: Melatonin 3mg @ bedtime if needed. Estrogen 1.5 mg troche and 0.1 mg Estrace cream.
    Diagnosis: IC, PFD (both in remission)

Comment

KIM
      'The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.'

Comment

Thats so cool kim...
        Hugs
        Ronda

ONE Second, ONE Bite, ONE Breath, ONE Pill, ONE Minute, ONE Teardrop, ONE Hour, ONE Sip.. ONE DAY! I will Prevail from this disease! IC Hoping for a Cure!

Link to Patient Handbook:
        http://www.ic-network.com/handbook/

Diet Reference Sheet:
        http://www.ic-network.com/diet/icndi...tsheet0909.pdf

Meds For IC: Lyrica-25mg Glucosamine-500 MSM-500mg, Prosed Ds -When Flaring

Other Meds: Levlite- Continious Birtcontrol, Micardis-40mg for High Blood Pressure

Meds I have Tried:
        Topamax,Tofranil, Elmiron, Atarax, Cymbalta, Elavil, Enablex, Detral La, Prydium.
        Lexapro< Bad reaction to this med!
        Intstills, could not continue them due to some kind of reaction after 3rd instill. Tasted the lidocaine in my mouth, tongue and lips went numb then went into what seemed like a panic attack. Shaking, racing heart, tingling face/head, blood pressure shot up..

Dx With IC in Nov 2006 with Hydro/Cysto
        Hydro/Cysto Caused Bladder to Rupture.

Other Dxs-Vulvodynia,Fibro, Endo, IBS, HPV, Migraines, Spastic Colon, Mild Dysplasia.

ICN Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

Comment

Thanks, girls.

Sammi - Are you saying you'd like to see the userpics by the usernames? The avatars? Just not the photos in the signature line? You can go in and check to only "not see' the sig line photos and still see the avatars.
          Kim

Diagnosed August 2001

Current IC meds: Elmiron (since 2001), Levaquin (one pill after intercourse to prevent UTIs), Effexor (for depression & anxiety)

Past IC meds: Amitriptyline (Elavil), Hydroxyzine (Vistaril), Detrol LA, Lexapro (for depression & anxiety, but also helped my IC) (They all helped, but I was able to discontinue them.)

I've been virtually symptom free and able to eat & drink whatever I'd like for about 8 years now.

“We who lived in concentration camps can remember the men who walked through the huts comforting others, giving away their last piece of bread. They may have been few in number, but they offer sufficient proof that everything can be taken from a man but one thing: the last of the human freedoms -- to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one's own way.” ~ Viktor Frankl

“You cannot control what happens to you, but you can control your attitude toward what happens to you, and in that, you will be mastering change rather than allowing it to master you.” ~ Brian Tracy

Comment

Also sammi.. only mods can post thier real pictures there.. Reg users can only post a avatar..
            Hugs
            Ronda

ONE Second, ONE Bite, ONE Breath, ONE Pill, ONE Minute, ONE Teardrop, ONE Hour, ONE Sip.. ONE DAY! I will Prevail from this disease! IC Hoping for a Cure!

Diet Reference Sheet:

Other Meds: Levlite- Continious Birtcontrol, Micardis-40mg for High Blood Pressure

Meds I have Tried:
            Topamax,Tofranil, Elmiron, Atarax, Cymbalta, Elavil, Enablex, Detral La, Prydium.
            Intstills, could not continue them due to some kind of reaction after 3rd instill. Tasted the lidocaine in my mouth, tongue and lips went numb then went into what seemed like a panic attack. Shaking, racing heart, tingling face/head, blood pressure shot up..

Other Dxs-Vulvodynia,Fibro, Endo, IBS, HPV, Migraines, Spastic Colon, Mild Dysplasia.

ICN Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

Comment

From Grumpy

LELE I love your posts, you have a small picture by your name and then two small ones at the bottom. I Like that, I am grousing about the huge, photographs or two or three at the bottom of a post that make it really hard to follow what they were talking about in the first place, then a lot of these people patch the previous post onto all of this verbage.
              If people want to see more they can go to the pictures space and continue to look. I know some of these people are new, but dosent anyone like a moderator every clue them in that two 5 x 7 are excessive?
              Perhaps I am too information oriented and having a problem seperating this from the family album?
              Perhaps I am PMSing?
              I still find it annoying though.
              Sammi

Sammi

Meds: Melatonin 3mg @ bedtime if needed. Estrogen 1.5 mg troche and 0.1 mg Estrace cream.

Comment

Welllll, I'd just suggest then that you PM either Donna or Jill about it. They are the ones who could best address those concerns.
                Kim

Diagnosed August 2001

Current IC meds: Elmiron (since 2001), Levaquin (one pill after intercourse to prevent UTIs), Effexor (for depression & anxiety)

Past IC meds: Amitriptyline (Elavil), Hydroxyzine (Vistaril), Detrol LA, Lexapro (for depression & anxiety, but also helped my IC) (They all helped, but I was able to discontinue them.)

I've been virtually symptom free and able to eat & drink whatever I'd like for about 8 years now.

“We who lived in concentration camps can remember the men who walked through the huts comforting others, giving away their last piece of bread. They may have been few in number, but they offer sufficient proof that everything can be taken from a man but one thing: the last of the human freedoms -- to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one's own way.” ~ Viktor Frankl

“You cannot control what happens to you, but you can control your attitude toward what happens to you, and in that, you will be mastering change rather than allowing it to master you.” ~ Brian Tracy

Comment

Oh Well!

If Donna or Jill wanted to do something about it, they would have when they saw it. So, its just life on the board.
                  Sammi

Sammi

Comment

I understand where you are coming from sammi, It does make it hard to follow post.. Thats why I posted small pictures.. but also I read somewhere on the ICN that they were suppose to be small..
                    Hugs
                    Ronda

Diet Reference Sheet:

Meds I have Tried:

Comment

LeeLee

LeeLee, that picture of you on the stairs reminds me of a scene out of a movie, you look just like a movie star.
                      Sammi

Sammi

Comment

Thanks sami, but im far from a movie star...That picture was takin on my honeymoon, on a cruise..Would you believe I had 4 kidney stones at the time...Oh I was miserable, but the tickets were none refundable, so I toughed it out...Thank goodness for pain meds at the time...
                        Hugs
                        Ronda

Diet Reference Sheet:

Meds I have Tried:

Comment

Originally posted by leelee88
                          I understand where you are coming from sammi, It does make it hard to follow post.. Thats why I posted small pictures.. but also I read somewhere on the ICN that they were suppose to be small..
                          Jill did put a big notice for everyone that the pics were not to be huge like that. I even emailed someone (whom I adore) and they didn't change it. I emailed them because I thought perhaps they hadn't seen the notice and all, but who knows. *shrug*

It does seem that everyone should have to follow the rules, not just some. But it does have to be a mod issue.
                          http://www.TheCraftyEwe.etsy.com

Comment

Believe me when I say that we're trying! And you can help --- if you see a large photo, please email me at [email protected] and I will get in touch with the person who posted it.

Donna
                            Stay safe

Elmiron Eye Disease Information Center - https://www.ic-network.com/elmiron-p...mation-center/
                            Elmiron Eye Disease Fact Sheet (Downloadable) - https://www.ic-network.com/wp-conten...nFactSheet.pdf

Have you checked the ICN Shop?
                            Click on ICN Shop at the top of this page. You'll find Bladder Builder and Bladder Rest, both of which we are finding have excellent results.

Patient Help: http://www.ic-network.com/patientlinks.html

Sub-types https://www.ic-network.com/five-pote...markably-well/

Diet list: https://www.ic-network.com/interstitial-cystitis-diet/

AUA Guidelines: https://www.ic-network.com/aua-guide...tial-cystitis/

I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
                            [3MG]

Anyone who says something is foolproof hasn't met a determined fool

Comment

Working...
                            X