Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If AZO/Pyridium doesn't help, does this mean that what I have is PFD and not IC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ICNDonna
    replied
    I have N95 masks for anywhere I have concerns and cloth ones with filters inside for outdoor places and places with high ceilings and plenty of room for distancing. It seems like every time we make some progress against Covid --- another variant strikes --- add the family gatherings and parties of the holidays and it's showing in the huge numbers of new cases.

::::::sigh::::::
    Donna

Leave a comment:

• BillB
    replied
    Originally posted by ICNDonna View Post
    I have to admit that wearing a mask can cover things like wrinkles and those days when I don't want to bother with makeup. I do wish everyone would mask up until this is over.
    It helped to be wearing a mask when going to pelvic physical therapy and urologist appointments. I am glad I didn't develop IC in the days before COVID.

I used to swear by my N95 masks. However, then I learned that the authorities in Bavaria, Germany made N95 masks mandatory. The data seems to show that Bavaria's number that tested positive for COVID has followed the same trajectory as that in the neighbouring regions where N95 masks weren't mandatory. So either N95 masks are ineffective, or they are ineffective with "typical use". If it is the latter, then the people who wear those masks properly might still be protected. Having said all of the above, I still choose to wear N95 masks, but I don't know how much protection I am getting/people around me are getting.

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    replied
    I have to admit that wearing a mask can cover things like wrinkles and those days when I don't want to bother with makeup. I do wish everyone would mask up until this is over.

Donna

Leave a comment:

• BillB
    replied
    WOW --- ten years ago --- I wonder if it was this same virus --- I had assumed it was a newer mutant than that.
    No, in Japan they had it socially acceptable to wear masks in public (and possibly socially unacceptable to have a cold or flu and be out in public without a mask) for many decades now. I read that some women would wear a mask when they didn't feel like wearing makeup.

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    replied
    WOW --- ten years ago --- I wonder if it was this same virus --- I had assumed it was a newer mutant than that.

I just checked for my incoming mail (usps informed delivery) and the new masks are scheduled to be delivered today.

Donna

Leave a comment:

• BillB
    replied
    I'll post when I get the new ones.
    Please do! I am always on the lookout for masks that are effective and comfortable.

About 10 years ago I had a chance to visit Japan. Back then many Japanese have already been wearing masks in public. I thought that I might as well buy myself one of these masks, just in case. I found one that said 99.9% on it. The package had 2 masks in it and was selling for the equivalent of $10. Looking at one of those masks NOW, I see that it is just a regular surgical mask(!) It definitely Doesn't filter 95% of those smaller particles, let alone 99.9%... What a scam!!!

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    replied
    I've read the same. My daughter is an avid researcher who does everything she can to keep me safe and there were over 500 new cases in our county for two consecutive days this week. I suspect it's the result of festivities over the holidays?

I just ordered some N95 masks that have elastic around the neck and over the top of the head --- they should be here within about two days. I've been wearing the N95 with the neck gizmo, but it's not very comfortable --- hoping the new ones will be better. I wish I had shares in Amazon! I'll post when I get the new ones.

Donna

Leave a comment:

• BillB
    replied
    I have both hearing aids and glasses so the ear bands don't work at all for me --- every time I took off the mask I would have a hearing aid on the floor and they are soooo expensive. I make most of mine with elastic that goes below my ears behind my neck. Since we've seen such a huge increase in cases where I live, I've gone to the N95 ones and I purchased some plastic things that attach to the ear bands and fit around my neck.

Donna
    I began using N95 masks as soon as they became available. The discomfort is the same but there is a chance that one gets greater protection. Having said that, it is my understanding that Omicron is significantly less deadly than the previous variants (as it usually affects the upper respiratory tract, instead of the lower respiratory tract).

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    replied
    I have both hearing aids and glasses so the ear bands don't work at all for me --- every time I took off the mask I would have a hearing aid on the floor and they are soooo expensive. I make most of mine with elastic that goes below my ears behind my neck. Since we've seen such a huge increase in cases where I live, I've gone to the N95 ones and I purchased some plastic things that attach to the ear bands and fit around my neck.

Donna

Leave a comment:

• BillB
    replied
    It's not unusual to have more frequency from drinking too much too quickly --- I do better if I take small drinks throughout the day.
    Thank you for confirming that there might be something to the pattern that I was able to finally identify. I should have also mentioned that I might eat cucumbers and drink water at noon, and that would be enough to give me frequency at night (12-18 hours later...)

I will try to be strict about drinking only small amounts of water.

tired of wearing a mask.
    I had to switch to a mask that loops around my entire head, instead of looping around my ears. The back of my ears were getting irritated.

The fact that you had a remission that lasted for months says that you can get there again. Did you have any medical treatments before the remission?
    I got my insurance company approve Elmiron instillations. But then I kept postponing doing the instillations. So I haven't really done any medical treatment. I changed my diet...

I suspect that one cause of flares for me is cheese. This is really bizarre - cheese isn't acidic...

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    replied
    It's great to hear from you. I'm doing pretty well other than a severe case of boredom and tired of wearing a mask.

It's not unusual to have more frequency from drinking too much too quickly --- I do better if I take small drinks throughout the day. If you're also drinking anything along water foods I suspect that could do the same. The fact that you had a remission that lasted for months says that you can get there again. Did you have any medical treatments before the remission?

Donna

Leave a comment:

• BillB
    replied

Recent studies are providing information to help ICers identify which subtype fits best. Thank you for sharing your success with physical therapy.

Warm hugs,
    Donna
    Hello, Donna

How have you been?

About a year ago I began suffering from IC. After about six months it mostly went away for several months, but unfortunately then the urgency and frequency came back. I wake up every 2 hours.

I tried pelvic floor exercises. Then somehow I ended up not doing my exercises for a month, and it was Then when I got my remission lasting several months. So I am no longer sure about those exercises.

It is very difficult to figure out what sets it off. Foods like cucumbers seem to be bad. It is almost like what is happening is that whenever my bladder fills too fast (e.g., if I eat a lot of salad that has a high water content), a crack in my bladder wall gets stretched out leading to irritation and a bad night.

Donna, have you heard of this type of IC - urgency and frequency following the sufferer drinking too much and too fast or eating foods with high water content? I am still at a loss of what I can do to feel better...

Thank you, Donna!

Best wishes,

Bill

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    replied
    Originally posted by Barbara M View Post
    Sometimes the pelvic floor can contribute to IC. I had IC, pelvic floor dysfunction and pudendal neuropathy. Physical therapy who deals with pelvic floor problems helped me tremendously.
    Recent studies are providing information to help ICers identify which subtype fits best. Thank you for sharing your success with physical therapy.

Warm hugs,
    Donna

Leave a comment:

• Barbara M
    replied
    Sometimes the pelvic floor can contribute to IC. I had IC, pelvic floor dysfunction and pudendal neuropathy. Physical therapy who deals with pelvic floor problems helped me tremendously.

Leave a comment:

• BillB
    replied
    I got some relief about 6 hours after I took the second set of two pills. Perhaps its effect got delayed. Very strange.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X