H E L P --THE BURNING IS STARTING AGAIN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H E L P --THE BURNING IS STARTING AGAIN

I was sitting here minding my own business and the burning has started in the urethra (out of nowhere). I have been drinking tons of water--taking prelief and even pyridium. I had a cysto yesterday and been feeling quite well actually--anyone have any idea? Also, what are the symptoms of IC? any help would sure ease my mind. thanks Cathy banghead

Cathy,
    If you had a cysto yesterday it could still be from the cysto that you have some irritation.
    http://www.ic-network.com/handbook/

Here is the link to the handbook, you will find answers to a lot of your questions there. Ask anything else you need.

I don't know if it would help but I have heard of people sometimes using ice for what you are describing for temporary relief. I hope you are doing better soon. grouphug
    Jolene

"Life is what happens when you are making other plans" John Lennon

IC diet cheat sheet....http://www.ic-network.com/diet/dietcheatsheet.html

Information for Patients can be found here.
    http://www.ic-network.com/patientlinks.html

Jen's tips for great IC sex..http://www.ic-network.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22522&highlight=jens+tips[/url]

Newbie Angel...I will be happy to answer any questions or just listen. Email me at [email protected]

"IC Angel Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you."

Comment

this is the same "burning in the urethra" that I have suffered with for years. I am so sad right now. I thought that the "prelief" was the answer ---I have begged for help. The doc said he saw no signs of any bleeding at all. I am crying my eyes out. What more can I do? I am so sick of this burning--not pain--BURNING...grrrrrrr---God I wish someone had an answer--thanks Cathy

Comment

cathy let see if i can help here. what i do when this burning happens and i do get it alot is go to sleep at night with no panties on i ware a long grown so no one knows that helps also ice helps pain medicine if you have any.
        you could have an infection from the test you had. have your self check for an infection. check out the link above they gave you. the other ladies here gave good advice. please check out there links i hope some of this may help you i have heard but you will have to ask your doctor that the b and o sup. help also. wishing you well wishes and sending you prayers for a better tomorrow. kissing grouphug
        Medicine taken daily or as needed:
        1. Heaprin and Marcaine rescue installment 1 to 3x daily as needed.
        2. MS.Cotin 100mg 3x daily
        3. MSIR 30mg 1 or 2 every 4-6hrs as needed for breakthrew pain.
        4. Fentanyl 100 mg Change every 48hrs.
        5. Gentamicin 80mg install after each rescue treatment
        5 Leviquin 500mg self start as needed.
        6. Klonopin 1 or 2 daily as needed.
        7. Prosed/DS as 1 every 6hrs as needed.

I have IC, but IC doesn't have me anymore!

Comment

just needed to add something else i got it on a paper from my doctor office it said after intercourse for burning take a glove fill with water freeze the finger tip of it cut it off and place it where the burning is. You should talk to your doctor before trying this i have not tried this but my friend with mild ic has.
          Medicine taken daily or as needed:
          1. Heaprin and Marcaine rescue installment 1 to 3x daily as needed.
          2. MS.Cotin 100mg 3x daily
          3. MSIR 30mg 1 or 2 every 4-6hrs as needed for breakthrew pain.
          4. Fentanyl 100 mg Change every 48hrs.
          5. Gentamicin 80mg install after each rescue treatment
          5 Leviquin 500mg self start as needed.
          6. Klonopin 1 or 2 daily as needed.
          7. Prosed/DS as 1 every 6hrs as needed.

I have IC, but IC doesn't have me anymore!

Comment

Hi:

Here are some suggestions for urethral burning:

Elavil can help some patients with burning, pain, and frequency.

George's Always Active Aloe Vera helps many IC patients with burning. I believe that the recommended dosage is 2oz., twice a day. Moreover, those patients that have IBS and Crohn's do very well taking this product. If you are having vulvar burning you can put it in a spray bottle and spray it on the vulva to alleviate the burning. I also have patients that have used it as a douche to help with burning in the vagina. Aloe Vera is a strong anti-inflammatory and inhibits bacterial growth. As with any other product, if applying to the skin - try it on a small patch to see if you have any type of allergic reaction. This product does NOT contain citric acid.

You can also try Desert Harvest Aloe Vera (www.desertharvest.com); many IC patients have taken the tablets and had their IC symptoms improve.

Also, Atarax/Vistaril stops histamines from causing inflammation and burning for many IC patients.

CystoProtek is a dietary supplement that may help to block inflammation and protective tissue destruction, while building new connective tissue not only in joints and cartilage, but in the bladder’s GAG layer. CystoProtek® may help to block the chain reaction that advances inflammation, helps the body build and repair the bladder lining, reduces inflammation, and provides important antioxidants.

Please remember to relax your pelvic floor muscles during the burning/pain/discomfort. DO NOT PUSH OR STRAIN TO VOID OR TO HAVE A BOWEL MOVEMENT. You CANNOT be constipated - this can make your IC symptoms (including the burning) much worse. You do not want to develop Pelvic Floor Dysfunction, which can make your IC symptoms MUCH worse.

I suggest that you consult with your healthcare provider if you believe that the information above may be helpful; your healthcare provider will determine the appropriate treatment regimen for you.

The contents in this post are provided for informational purposes only. The contents are not intended in any way to be a substitute for professional medical advice. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding your medical condition.

Best wishes, ICB
            Last edited by ICB; 07-06-2006, 05:49 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the info ICB. Burning is a new symptom to me.
              Faith, Hope, and Love,
              Katrina

I believe God is using me. He uses me for God. Things I gain from all my suffering are meant to help others. I hope I can help you too. Email me or start a chat if you like my help or anything. I CARE!Illnesses: IC,IBS, IBD, GERD, PFD, Epilepsy, Endo, Allergies, RLM,Rapid heart beat, low blood pressure,Gastritis,Gall stones,Tendonitis,migraines, Shingles, Prolapsed pouch,ext. fatigue (current problem) I have seen periods of remission and I have seen them end and return. At this time remission is over and working on getting it back!

IC Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
              or find me on facebook http://www.facebook.com/kat671?ref=profile
              Be the Miracle! & Pay it Forward!

[email protected] please contact me...I am here to help!

Comment

thank you ICB--are you a urologist? also, I take the following: xanax .75 mg 2-3 times a day, 20 mg paxil, 2.5 mg zyprexa--all for anxiety, avapro 150 mg, glucophage 500 mg once a day,prevacid 30 mg once a day, I have also been using the "prelief"--which one of the products/meds/ should be the safest? I appreciate all of your help--I hope to hear back from you ICB. Thank you Cathy

Comment

Working...
                X