Urethral Stricture/Catheter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urethral Stricture/Catheter

I was diagnosed with IC when I underwent a cystoscopy/hydrodistention in 1999. Since then I have developed a urethral stricture in addition to the IC. I am having another cysto/hydro tomorrow, 2/25, and my urologist is going to take care of the stricture. I have a very poor stream. Anyway, he says I will go home with a catheter for 3-5 days to help keep the urethra open as it begins to heal. Has anyone had to go home with a catheter like this? That is the only thing I am worried about. But if it helps with the stricture, I can deal with it. I would like to hear your feedback on the catheter part.

Thanks,
    Lonnita

Hi, yes I had an indwelling catheter for a week, when I was first diagnosed with IC, there was a tear in my bladder at the time, so I had no other options. I had several other surgeries done at the same time, so I could not tell if the catheter bothered me, as I was in pain from the other surgeries. It was very easy to handle, it was strapped to my leg, the only problem I had was, if it was full, it was awkward to walk with that strapped to your leg, but I got used to it. Had another catheter for night, that I was able to switch to, and it just went beside the bed. I must say I got quite proficient at using it, and it was no problem coming out. I did get a lot of bladder spasms but it was all due to my IC, not the catheter. Hope this can be of some help to you, hugs Iris. hi grouphug
    Today and every day you are loved, so don't be anxious about tomorrow, God will take care of you tomorrow; Live one day at a time.

Comment

Working...
    X