Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fulcher
    replied
    I had my first cysto/hydro last year when I was diagnosed and it gave me my life back. I was better almost immediately. I told my docor I was cured. He of course shook his head and laughed knowing of course I wasnt but it was months befor I even had a mini flare. The next big one I'll be right back in there having another. Sue

Leave a comment:

• MELISSA2
    replied
    HYDROS AFFECT EVERYONE DIFFERENTLY. I HAD ONE IN JAN. AND MY FIRST WEEK WAS NOT TOO GOOD. MY SECOND WEEK WAS BETTER. ALTHOUGH I HAVE TO SAY I HAVE STILL HAD PAIN AND FLAIR UPS. I BELIEVE I WILL NOTICE THE FULL AFFECT FROM THE HYDRO IN ANOTHER MONTH OR SO. THIS IS WHAT HAPPENED TO ME BEFORE. I HAVE HAD FOUR HYDRO'S.

Leave a comment:

• DebraLeeS
    replied
    Dont be scared its different for everyone My Dr said its depends on ones bladder some are worse than others.
    I had my Hydro last Thursday I am still alittle sore feels like a deep bruise and I still burn some when I pee.
    I just remember the releif I felt after the bloating and burning when away last hydro wink
    Think about it read everything you will see we are all different grouphug

Leave a comment:

• Kiyoka
    replied
    Hello, I had one done Feb 28 of last year. It was so not bad at all. I was scared at first, then they give me a shot, and I woke up and it was done...I had abit of blood in my urine. My bladder felt abit weird a few days after..then I was fine. I didn't have more or less pain.. i'm here i you ever need to ask some question.

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    replied
    I had my first hydrodistention to diagnose my IC back in 1975 and have now ha the procedure done 35 times. I go at least six months, and usually a year or more, between hydros. When the pain hits again and won't stop, then we schedule another hydro.

My doctor keeps me in the hospital overnight for pain control and a continuous irrigation and by the time I go home, I feel much better than at admission.

I read an article in my doctor's office that said something like 50% of ICers experience relief from hydrodistention. I feel fortunate to be one of those.

I do have to admit that the first few times I urinate after a hydro I feel like one solid goosebump.

And my doctor always orders pain medications for me, but I rarely need more than one or two after I go home.

Sending an encouraging hug,
    Donna

Leave a comment:

• tigger_gal
    replied
    I posted my hydro experience sorry that I scared you we are all different..Brat

Leave a comment:

• mayray518
    replied
    I had a few days of slight burning after my hydro but that was all. Anything was better than the IC pain.

Leave a comment:

• lalarainbow
    replied
    Cathy,
    I had a cysto-hydro in July.. I was put under for it. I woke up and was ready to eat and ready to go!!!
    There was a bit of burning first pee.. In an hour I was let go. I had to have a driver. The hydro did not help me but the best thing was I found out what was wrong and could get on with finding things that will work for me..I am on Elmiron and it has helped me..I still get flares but I have only been on it since end of Sept.
    Some people do get relief from hydros!!
    All the best..
    ~~Pam~~

Leave a comment:

• cathyada
    started a topic You Have got to be kidding me --this is terrible

You Have got to be kidding me --this is terrible

You Have got to be kidding me--I am scedualed for a hyrdo cystoscopy Feb 26th--I am told it takes about 15-20 minutes in "lalaland"--you mean to tell me that I will be in pain for week??? I am cancelling my appt--Im not going through weeks/months of pain after--why is there pain????? I wasnt told that there would be all this pain after. Can someopne enlighten me? I am now afraid..Im having fentanyl and versaid they said. Can some one help me please--thanks Cathy
Working...
X