Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ICNDonna
    replied
    Unfortunately, with IC there are some sometimes tough decisions to make. I chose the medical route, complete with hydrodistentions and medications. I know there are some people who can completely control symptoms with diet alone.

The best advice I can think of is to explore all your options, then make the decision you think is best for you.

Sending an encouraging hug,
    Donna

Leave a comment:

• bunni29
    started a topic Cysto--2 years old....no hydro...no medicine-helo

Cysto--2 years old....no hydro...no medicine-helo

Hi friends:

I had a cysto done 2 years ago with no hydro...my choice on the no hydro....

But, my urologist came to the conclusion that I have IC -mild based on my symptoms....frequent urination and bladder pressure.......no infection and microscopic blood in urine.

She offered me Elmiron and Elavil, but I said no I wanted to try and heal my body naturally.......

So it's been 2 years and I feel that I've really gotten better. watching what I eat, I do yoga and I go to a massage therapist.......

I do still flare on and off....but nothing like it used to be....it has gotten so much better...and I just stopped the birth control pill after 12+ years.........

My question is:......could I be hurting my bladder not going on medicine?

I just have heard so many stories of the hydrodistension being very controversial.....some say yes to get it and some say no..........so I didn't.....

I guess in the back of my mind, I"m always wondering....is that really what I have?

But, what else could it be????

Anybody else here just have the cysto -no hydro and gone the natural route?

I want to have children in the next year or so, so I really don't want to get on any medicine....

I just had sex though for the first time in 3 months and used Trojan -extra strength....lubricated --no spermicide and I'm in a terribe terrible flare...

So now I"m back at square one....I felt like I was in remission for over a year and now I have extreme frequency and pressure......

My husband said he could not feel anything during sex due to the condom....so I got on top and he could feel it better, but we did it for a longer time and since I was on top it was going deeper .....

and now I'm flared bad bad....like I used to be 2 years ago.....I feel that my remission is gone...

I'm so sad and upset about my bladder and SEX.....

thanks for listening friends
    bunni
Working...
X