Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cystoscopy - retention

Hi everyone!
    I'm relatively new here and wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience. I had a cystoscopy and biopsy on Monday under general anaesthetic, and I'm not sure if they did a hydrodistention or not, or if they call it something else in the UK.
    When I came round I was in a lot of pain and couldn't pee at all. The nurses kept telling me not to worry, but after about 4 hours my stoach had swollen up and I was in agony, despite the painkillers. Eventually they put a catheter in and 850mls came out - I can normally only hold 300-400mls. eek toilet
    Two days later I still feel swollen, and it is still quite difficult to pee, although I am managing now. I also feel dizzy if I try to walk or stand up for too long.
    Has anyone else had this - is it normal?
    Sorry this is a bit long, but I'm a bit worried here.
    Hugs to all,
    Galadriel

Hi Galadriel,

I had the same thing after a cysto/hydro/urethral dilation/meds instill (what a mouthful!!).

I could not pee for hours after the procedure and had the swollen belly. It was scary.

It did resolve and over the next several days, improved very much.

I felt dizzy and weak for at least the first 5 days after the procedure (I was taking pain meds which I'm sure contributed).

When I was recovering from the procedure, I called my uros office several times and spoke with the nurses about how I was feeling. It was reassuring. You might want to do the same.

I hope you are feeling better soon.

Nicole blink

Comment

Working...
    X