New here, hydro on the 13th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New here, hydro on the 13th

After two years of symptoms and two urologists I am now schduled for a hydro on the 13th. I had a cysto in my urologists office and it was painful and caused me a quite a few days of discomfort. Has anyone experienced a lot of pain or not much pain after having this procedure? I am wondering what I am going to feel like on the 14th! Thanks.

We're all so very different that it's impossible to predict how you will feel the day after a hydro. When I have one, I plan to take it easy for a few days afterwards. You'll want to ask your uro for pain for after the procedure "just in case." I don't usually need any after the first day or two. Some people have reported that it takes several weeks to recover.

Sending healing thoughts,
    Donna
    Stay safe

Elmiron Eye Disease Information Center - https://www.ic-network.com/elmiron-p...mation-center/
    Elmiron Eye Disease Fact Sheet (Downloadable) - https://www.ic-network.com/wp-conten...nFactSheet.pdf

Have you checked the ICN Shop?
    Click on ICN Shop at the top of this page. You'll find Bladder Builder and Bladder Rest, both of which we are finding have excellent results.

Patient Help: http://www.ic-network.com/patientlinks.html

Sub-types https://www.ic-network.com/five-pote...markably-well/

Diet list: https://www.ic-network.com/interstitial-cystitis-diet/

AUA Guidelines: https://www.ic-network.com/aua-guide...tial-cystitis/

I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
    [3MG]

Anyone who says something is foolproof hasn't met a determined fool

Comment

I just had my second Hydro on Thursday right now I am real sore but remember how I felt when I quit being sore
      Donna I just read that your help you for along time I hope I have such luck this time
      Be grateful when you are feeling good,and graceful when you are feeling bad

Comment

just had my hydr on the 4th and I am still hurting, but, remember we are all different. Ask your dr for pain pills, just in case.
        I will be thinking of you friday, and let us know
        Brat
        'The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.'

Comment

I had my hydro yesterday. It wasn't too bad, I am just tired and sore with some burning today. I was diagnosed with IC after my doctor got a look at my bladder. My bladder can hold a little over a third of what normal bladders can hold (350 vs 1000?). He took a biopsy but I wont know the results for a week. He felt very strongly that I have IC. Does anyone know what they are looking for when they do a biopsy?

Thanks for the encouragement last week. I was very nervous.

Comment

I believe they are checking for mast cells. I think that if they find mast cells it is one more way to prove you have IC. My daughter had glomerulations at the hydrodistension and then the uro called to say that she had mast cells which confirmed his diagnosis of IC. This is why he put my daughter on the antihistimine Atarax. Hope this info helps or pm me if you want to.

Comment

i have had two done since 2001 and i was in pain for i know a good week but like donna said and some of the others ones everyone is diff. some people have a great success afterwards with no pain for a while
              Medicine taken daily or as needed:
              1. Heaprin and Marcaine rescue installment 1 to 3x daily as needed.
              2. MS.Cotin 100mg 3x daily
              3. MSIR 30mg 1 or 2 every 4-6hrs as needed for breakthrew pain.
              4. Fentanyl 100 mg Change every 48hrs.
              5. Gentamicin 80mg install after each rescue treatment
              5 Leviquin 500mg self start as needed.
              6. Klonopin 1 or 2 daily as needed.
              7. Prosed/DS as 1 every 6hrs as needed.

I have IC, but IC doesn't have me anymore!

Comment

I had a hydro and cystoscopy yesterday (Feb 17). I will be seeing my urologist in 3 weeks time to get a report on his findings. I wish it could be sooner, but that's when he's booked me in. My bladder is very sore and stings like crazy. The urgency symptom is the most upsetting though - it's just been there since after the procedure. I'm hoping I'm one of the people who will not be in pain for weeks. Time will tell. I've got painkillers which helped me get some sleep last night. I hope things ease up for you. dines

Comment

Hi Dines,
                  I hope it settles down quickly for you, and 3 weeks is a long time to wait for results. Hang in there. I used pyridium post hydro once the pain had settled down enough to tolerate it without pain meds, and it helped with the urgency/frequency.

Cath
                  One day at a time

Comment

Hello Dines and hope things settle down for you after a while, its no fun after a cysto/hydro I know, it takes a while, so glad you have some meds to help you out. Let us know how you are doing, and take care, soft hug Iris.
                    Today and every day you are loved, so don't be anxious about tomorrow, God will take care of you tomorrow; Live one day at a time.

Comment

I am 24 and had my 10th hydro and scope done on the 3rd i had to stay in the hospital till friday due to clots backing everything up into my kidneys. I have found relief for up to only three months at a time but it's a start!!! I do not have to cath at all after i have mine. Thats saying alot for all I have been through with this stuff. I still have not ever talked to anyone else with i.c. though. This makes me fill like some kind of alien or freak. I could really use a reply from anyone out there who reads this. I am new to this network....
                      bambi hicks

Comment

Just wanted to Welcome the new members to the ICN family: BluSkies, Dines, Bamfawn-Bamibi hicks.

The ones that just had hydro's feel better soon!
                        blueskies,debralees,brat,dines,bamifawn-bambi hicks.

write, read, and pray alot. I care. wink grouphug
                        Sue C.~
                        [email protected]

Comment

Working...
                        X