Biopsy Pathology Report & Cysto Operative Report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Biopsy Pathology Report & Cysto Operative Report

Does anyone have any bits and pieces of their biopsy results AND/OR cysto/hydro/biopsy OPERATIVE REPORTS that they would like to share? Basically, things such as what they saw and/or found in your bladder and so forth. And what was written on the biopsy pathology report in terms of the condition of your bladder and the cells. Thank you.

I've got mine somewhere. What did you want to know? If you get a copy of your's there are a lot of us on here that can help you decipher it. If you need me to look I'll see if I can find mine tomorrow.
    *IC-- Summer 2004; PFD--October 2005
    *Fibro--Fall 2000; CFS-- Fall 2000
    *MPS--Fall 2000; Crohn's disease-- 1997*IBS,GERD, *Migraines, hypothyroidism, GYN problems *Degenerative Disc Disease/scoliosis

Total Abdominal Hysterectomy--adenomyosis--9\08

04/17/09 Crohn's disease almost killed me with a combo of extreme constipation from pain medications. My bowel ruptured, I almost died from peritonitis and spent several days in the ICU then more in a private room on the floor. If you have any questions about severe constipation from pain meds please don't hesitate to send me a message.

Comment

I had a second cystoscopy and found that they said there was congestion as well as glomerations. have never heard of congestion before.
      IC diagnosis: Aug 2005
      Symptoms: Urgency, urge and irritation and urethral symptoms
      Flareup for 1 year til July 2007 (had constant urge and pain et al....)

Elmiron 100mg 3x daily April 2006 - present
      Enablex 7.5mg nightly Sep 2007 -present
      Atarax, Elavil 10mg nightly (Dec 2007)
      Acupuncture - November 2007 - present

(Past meds for IC- Cystistat, Elavil 30mg, Ditropan, long term a/bs, Prednisolone, Cimetidine, Neurontin)

Comment

As Sandy said, let us know some specifics if you need help... there are several nurses and a couple scientists in the medical field around here who can help with the "medical-ese."
        Jen

*Diagnosed with severe IC in 2004
        *Also diagnosed with PFD, fibromyalgia, chronic myofascial pain, IBS, migraines, allergies/asthma, dermatographism
        *Kept trying a million different treatments for all these things until I found what works, and I am doing okay these days with the help of a cocktail of medications and the InterStim, which was first placed in 2007. [I have had 2 revisions - one in 2010 when my battery died and had to be replaced, and one complete replacement (lead and generator) in 2012 after a fall on my stairs caused my lead to move.]
        *Current meds include Atarax (50mg at night), Lyrica (150mg twice a day), Xanax (0.5mg at night and as needed), Zanaflex (4mg at night), hydrocodone (10/325, every 6 hours as needed), Advair, Nasonex, Singulair (10mg at night), oral contraceptives, home instills containing Elmiron and Marcaine (as often as I need to do them).

**I am not a medical authority nor do I offer definitive medical advice. I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

Comment

Ok, tonight when I get the time (it will take a while to post it all), I will type out certain parts of the biopsy and operative report. I just want to know what other people's looks like, and I also want help with my own. Thank you.

Comment

I love to read things like that! Just post it when you're ready!
            *MPS--Fall 2000; Crohn's disease-- 1997*IBS,GERD, *Migraines, hypothyroidism, GYN problems *Degenerative Disc Disease/scoliosis

04/17/09 Crohn's disease almost killed me with a combo of extreme constipation from pain medications. My bowel ruptured, I almost died from peritonitis and spent several days in the ICU then more in a private room on the floor. If you have any questions about severe constipation from pain meds please don't hesitate to send me a message.

Comment

So do I! I want to read everybody's! I will post it as soon as I can.

Comment

I just looked for mine and it's not with all my other medical stuff. I know that my doctor filled my bladder twice and saw glomerulations that indicated, "chronic interstitial cystitis and recurring cystitis". A biopsy was done to rule out malignancy, and it was negative. Wish I could find it cuz I'd love to read the rest of it now.

Comment

I'm in the process of gathering all of my information, and I just feel like crying about the way I was treated today. My operative report didn't say how far they distended my bladder, and since everyone on here basically knows how far their bladder was stretched, I figured it was a "normal" question. The nurse at my doctor's office said "why are you asking this?" " in my 7 years of working here, nobody has ever asked that question before" and things of that nature. She was acting like I either had no right to know, or why in the world would I ask such a "stupid" thing. She is going to ask the doctor tomorrow, but she is acting like it was no set amount, that he just filled it up with the solution, and they don't know "how much"!!! I feel really mistreated and alarmed at their reactions. Well, once I finally get that information, I can post all of it, but I may never get to know about the amount of the hydrodistention if they don't even know! Thank you.

Comment

I'm sure they know, since the amout of fluid that's put in your body and the amount that comes out is typically documented. Shame on her for treating you like that! I'm betting she wasn't in the OR with you??? Chances are, she's just never actually heard anyone discuss this and was making you feel bad to compensate for her own ignorance.
                    BTW - You have a legal right to review and have copies of ALL of your medical records (with the exception of some psy records in certain cases). So, the nurse can just get over it and do her job! Remeber, she works for YOU! Things like this really tick me off!!
                    Elle

Comment

Yes, I believe they have to know, I don't know how they can just shove an undisclosed amount of fluid up into your bladder! But anyway, she made me feel so bad that I don't want to call her back and ask her, I'm just going to wait until I go to the doctor in 2 weeks. I DO have my operative report, but the amount of hydrodistention is NOT disclosed. Thank you.

Comment

BIOPSY RESULTS:
                        POSTERIOR BLADDER WALL BIOPSY: Minute fragment of bladder mucosa and submucosa, with partly denuded transitional epithelium. No evidence of atypia, dysplasia, or malignancy in sections examined.
                        RIGHT BLADDER WALL BIOPSY: Small fragment of bladder mucosa and submucosa showing minimal lymphoid infiltrate in submucosa, possibly minimal chronic inflammation. No evidence of atypia, dysplasia, or malignancy in sections examined. About 20% of surface epithelium is partly denuded.
                        LEFT BLADDER WALL BIOPSY: Minute fragment of bladder mucosa and submucosa with minimal lymphoid infiltrate in submucosa. No evidence of atypia, dysplasia, or malignancy.

Comment

why doesnt the diagnosis say IC

I just looked over my report, the dr never went over my report with me afterwards, i guess thats standard.

the pathology report states mild chronic cystitis as the diagnosis.....is this the same as IC?

The operative report doesnt say how far they distended it, but it does say total bladder capacity of 900ml.

the two biopsies read as follows

Bladder biopsy:
                          Mild chronic cystitis
                          mast cells identified with special stain
                          mast cell count is as follows (field diameter .54mm)
                          15 per high pwer field within the lamin propria
                          0- per high pwoer field within the mascularis propria

2nd one
                          mild chronic cystits
                          mast cells identified with special stain
                          11 per high power field within the lamina propria
                          1 per high power field within the mascularis propria
                          negative for carcinoma

Lyme disease diagnosed 11/05
                          vulvar vestibulitis diagnosed 2/06 -worst case she has ever seen..very bad.
                          IC diagnosed with hydro/cysto- may 17, 2006

Over growth of lactobicilli found 8/07 treating with doxy.

Was able to get my first internal exam evaluation for PFD....wohoo 1/18/07:woohoo:

8/22/07- was able to get my first speculum exam, with pap

Strep D found in bladder with United medical labs May 2006
                          2 strains of strep in stool culture 9/06
                          high Strep ASO titre found 10/06

NEW MED

Capsasin cream-once a day for 20min,
                          BUt wont lie it does burn

About to start valium supositories for PFD

Trigger point injections- oct 07

Current meds:
                          Neurontin- 100mg at night supposed to work up to 300mg if i can tolerate it
                          Zanaflex 2mg
                          IC and low oxalate diet, no sugar diet
                          Xanax for appointments to help relax me since they cause so much pain

Started PT 3/07, PT has really helped me in ways I never knew that it would

Meds ive tried
                          Lyrica
                          Klonopin
                          Singulair
                          Claritin
                          Pyridium
                          Soma- can barely tolerate half a pill
                          Atropine cream- didnt seem to work, although i found out I was applying the creams wrong
                          Estradiol cream
                          Urelle- caused worse bladder spasm and retention

Various antibiotics for lyme which caused yeast and made the IC and VV worse

waiting for the next chronic illness to pop up

"Did you know?
                          Every 15 seconds,
                          a person is
                          diagnosed with
                          interstitial cystitis."
                          Source: J. Dimitrakov, MD

Comment

Today my doctor told me that he distends the bladder by "pressure" and not by volume. (I had previously posted that when I called and asked the nurse for the amount it was distended, she treated me poorly and asked why I was asking this...) Then he said that the approximate amount he put in me according to the pressure, was 500 cc's. Does anybody know if this is about average? Thank you.

Comment

I had the 500 cc's for an office cysto. Is that what you had?

Comment

Working...
                              X