3rd cysto/hydro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3rd cysto/hydro

I had my 3rd cysto/hydro done on Thursday and just wanted to let everyone know that one bad experience doesn't mean all will be bad. I had such a horrid experience with the first it took me some convincing by my current doc to have another one. I did pretty well with that one even though had another surgery at the same time. This time he asked a uro he referred me to do this one for his opinion that there is nothing else wrong. I was very scared not knowing this doc very well. He turned out to be terrific and I left the hospital pain free!! He even called himself the next day to make sure I was ok.
    I had this done at the hospital where I work and was a little leary as I have so many problems with the staff I supervise. The nurses in that dept. were exceptional. They were so caring and made sure I got something to calm me down. Most of them didn't even know I work there although the recovery nurse recognized me. Instead of the usual morphine the doc ordered fentanyl for pain. None of the usual n/v or itching. I was able to eat as soon as I got home. Even felt like fixing it myself. A word of caution: I felt so good I over did things the next day and felt a little icky by Saturday morning.
    I have had a very hard time with doctors, hospitals, etc. and I know that there are many more out there like me. It has taken me a long time to trust current doc even a little. I hope that by sharing I can alleviate someone else's fears.

how wonderful my doc called me after my stim surgery to see how I was.. I have had 2 hydros, and I couldn't be paid to have another one..
    I am so glad things went well for you.. Its nice to read positive things
    'The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.'

Comment

:woohoo: :woohoo:

TREATMENT: PRN lidocaine/heparin Home Instillations since 2004
      My Helpful Hints for Home Instillation: http://www.ic-network.com/forum/show...985#post309985

Institute of Female Pelvic Medicine (J. Dell, My MD) http://www.mypelvicmedicine.com/index.asp
      Thank you for allowing me to share my experiences and offer support. Your physician is the only one to give you medical advice. I hope sharing the information from this site will help you and your physician develop successful management of your IC.
      I post to encourage and offer total support for rescue instillations.
      Find me on facebook: L. Clark Thomas
      Louann

Comment

Cystoscopy/Hydro...Oh my!
        It makes my bladder feel normal again.
        The first time I had it done, I felt great for a month.
        Second time only lasted few days.
        Third time lasted a week.
        I hear people feel great up to 6 months!

Anna
        In memory of my beloved best friend in the whole world! Timmy (West Highland White Terrier)
        11/24/04-9/5/2011

God Bless,

Anna

Comment

Working...
        X