X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GriffsMommy
    replied
    Thanks all,
    After drinking lots of water most of the burning has gone away. Now I'm just feeling kinda out of it from the antibotic he gave me. It says it can make you dizzy and drowsy, like I need to be anymore dizzy or drowsy, lol.
    He didn't tell me how many cc's my bladder held. I just know that he filled it up and all of the sudden it got really uncomfortable and felt like I had to pee right away but he never told me how much it held. Guess I'll find that out if he schedules a hydro after my follow up in six weeks.

Leave a comment:

• leelee88
    replied
    Im so glad it was not to bad... I know the feeling when you are hurting and you dont know the cause, Its a relief to get some answers...
    Well heres a hug(((((((((((((hug)))))))))))) I know you have had a rough morning...If you need anything just let me know....

Leave a comment:

• izazen
    replied
    I was thinking about you, too, and 'glad things went well. Did he say how many cc's of water your bladder held while he was doing the test? That's supposed to be a good indicator of irritation also.

Leave a comment:

• topcop229
    replied
    I'm glad the cysto at least confirmed your suspicions and hopefully your doc can get you treated. Keep us posted on the second urine sample and what it shows.

Leave a comment:

• tigger_gal
    replied
    glad to hear they found something.. (well not really) at least you now know that you're not crazy, like they seem to make us feel at times.
    try to get some rest...

Leave a comment:

• Sarojini
    replied
    I'm so glad it's over and it wasn't too bad Now you can just rest easy and baby your urethra all day ...

It IS great that you've found a doctor that is willing to help! It's not always so easy to do, and I'm happy for you

Leave a comment:

• GriffsMommy
    replied
    Thanks Octoberfarm, so nice that you were thinking of me. I asked if I could take AZO because I already had that at home and he said that was fine so I took that as soon as I got home along w/ some pain meds my gyn prescribed for me last week so hopefully that will help. I started chugging water and I can already feel things cooling off.

Leave a comment:

• Bessie
    replied
    Glad you are o.k.
    I have been thinking about you this morning and wondering how you were doing. It sounds like your doctor is checking everything out. Did he give you anything to help with the burning?? I think they gave me Urelle (the one that turns your pee blue) after my procedure. It did help with the burning and spasms. Try and get some rest and hopefully that antibiotic will kick in and help you get some relief.

Leave a comment:

• GriffsMommy
    replied
    Burn, Baby, Burn, Urethra Inferno

I just got back from my office cysto and boy is my urethra burning!!!!
    I think it went pretty well though. It was uncomforable but because they used ladocaine (sp?) it wasn't too bad.
    So here's what I found out. The first appointment he took a urine sample and sent it to have it cultured. He told me that they found some bacteria in it but it was a mixture and this didn't seem to show an infection. In fact he thought that it might have been contaminated, not sure how this would happen. So before he did the cysto he took a sample of urine directly from my bladder to have that cultured to see if that shows anything different.
    He said that when he did do the cysto that he did find areas of chronic inflammation. :woohoo: Whoever knew that I would be happy about this but at least it shows that I'm not crazy and this is really real. He said that he wants to try to give me an antibotic, I don't remember the name of it, micro something or other, I already took it to Walgreens to get it filled. He said that it's really good for the bladder. He wants to make sure that the chronic inflammation is not caused by some chronic bacterial infection. So he wants me to take it twice a day for 10 days and then once a day and I'm supposed to go back and see him in six weeks. The office will call me with the results of the new culture that they are sending out today and if the antibotic doesn't help and I still feel the same symptoms when I go back in 6 weeks then he'll schedule me for a hydro.
    I am so happy that I found a good doctor who is looking at this from every possible angle and isn't making me feel like I'm crazy! :woohoo:
    Thanks for everybody's support last night and this morning. It really helped me to stay calm this morning.

Leave a comment:

• GriffsMommy
    replied
    Thanks Claudia, that is sure what I'm hoping for, how much can I rest with a 2 year old though, lol

Leave a comment:

• topcop229
    replied
    Christine,
    I hope your cysto goes well. Hopefully your doctor will give you something to help ease the pain afterwards and you can just go home and rest for a while.

Leave a comment:

• izazen
    replied
    An rx for Urelle really helped me a lot for any discomfort I felt afterward. grat stuff!

Leave a comment:

• GriffsMommy
    replied
    Thanks for the support Octoberfarm. I'm going to take myself because hubby will be at home with Griffin and the last thing I want is to worry about a 2 1/2 year old during this whole process. Maybe I'll ask if he can give me something for afterwards if it's really uncomforable. I will let everybody know how it went when I get back, like I said I took the whole day off from work just in case I was in pain so I wouldn't have to worry about going to work afterwards.

Leave a comment:

• leelee88
    replied
    (((((((((hugs)))))))))..I will be praying that everything goes ok and it does not leave you in any pain and the doctor finds what he is looking for...

Leave a comment:

• GriffsMommy
    replied
    Oh that is so good to know Kadi!! I really want to do this tomorrow because I already took the day off but I was really worried that it was going to kill me to do it. I wasn't expecting it to be fun but as long as I won't be in pain for days. Thanks Kadi, that made me feel a lot better.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X