X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kirs10
    replied
    Have tried alot........

I was diagnosed with Ic in 2003, I have had 3 hydrodistentions and I have done rescue instillation, as well as self cathing, I have tried all kinds of drugs for the pain, I have had the interstim installed in me. I feel that I have tried alot of things for this pain and that there really aren't alot of other options. I have read the handbook, and I haven't found any releif with the different things I have tried.

Leave a comment:

• Portia17
    replied
    what worked for me was 12 dmso treatments from the urologist, the hydro did not work for me either so dont feel bad

i also took percocet, neurontin, zanaflex, elmiron

i watched my diet and used a tens unit

i am now in remission for almost a year and you will be too

hugs
    portia

Leave a comment:

• Berkshire Road
    replied
    There are many, many other treatments available for IC, besides the cysto-hydro. Different things work for different people. I would advise you to read the Patient Handbook on this site, try the IC diet (discussed in the patient handbook), and if things aren't better within a couple of weeks, go back and discuss treatment options with your uro. If he is telling you the cysto/hydro is the only thing he has to offer, it's time to find a different uro!

Leave a comment:

• lnseagraves
    replied
    i was going to say what Donna said. He filled it up twice, which I think would be fairly rough on the bladder. It takes me roughly 2-3 wks to recover fully from a cysto/hydro and my uro only fills mine up once.

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    replied
    You may still feel better. It's only been a little over a week. Sometimes it takes longer than that to recover.

I hope it ends up helping.

Donna

Leave a comment:

• Kirs10
    started a topic Didn't help

Didn't help

I had a hydrodistension done on the 23rd. And it didn'thelp much. The dr told me that he filled it up twice and that I should be good, but it wasn't very helpful. I was really hoping that it would be better, it didn't help much at all.
    So now I am extremely depressed, I am not sure what to do I am feeling like I am not ever going to feel better. I am taking vicoden and percocet daily, morphine wasn't helpful at all. I really could use some advice, what else can I do I don't know what to do about the pain and how to get rid of it.
    Any advice would be helpful.
Working...
X