Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Catheter after cystoscopy

Hello
    I had another cysto yesterday as my pain and frequency continues to increase. The doctor left a catheter in for me to go home with.
    I was wondering if anyone else has had catheters kept in because of having to urinate so often? My doctor thinks I will be able to sleep then.
    How long was the catheters left in. My doctor said they can leave it in as long as they need to. How safe is that?
    Thanks for any advice.
    Current diagnosis
    Severe IC, Severe Endometriosis(keeps growing back all over despite surgeries and treatment), Chronic ovarian cysts, Chronic Pelvic Pain Syndrome,Fibromyalgia,Inguinal hernia, bursititis of the hip, Migraines, IBS, Celiac disease, CROHN'S Disease, Chronic Constipation, Chronic anal fissures, Vulvodynia, Pelvic Floor Dysfunction, Pirisformis muscle spasms,vulvar vestibulitis, chronic insomnia, Burning Mouth Syndrome, Brain TUMOR, Chronic Lyme Disease,Temporomandibular Joint Disorder,Degenerative disc disease,Arthritis.
    Allergies: Elmiron, Levaquin, Sulfa-Anaphylactic shock,Morphine, Doxyclycline,Cipro

Treatments I have tried:Bladder instillations, Oral meds-Elmiron, Elavil (amitryptyline), Hydroxyzine (Vistaril & Atarax), Ditropan, Levsin, Urispas, Urised, Pyridium, Cystoprotek, Desert HarvestAloe,antibiotics,Ultram,Neurontin,Valium,Tramadol,Lunesta,Ketor olac,Cipro,Meloxicam,Dilaudid,Morphine,Vicoden,Darvocet,oxycontin,Lyri ca,Cymbalta,Nortriptyline,Enblex,Baclofen,Clonidine,oxybutynin,Detrol, Nitroglycerine ,Vesicare,Sanctura(there are more but this is enough)
    Physcial Therapy, Cystoscopy with Hydrodistentions, Numerous Nerve Blocks, Neuromodulation-including Sacral neuromodulation(Interstim) and post-tibial nerve stimulation (Urgent PC-12week), Botox, bladder instills, physical therapy, natural(herbs)Current meds: Long list..just email if you are interested
    Interstim implants--8 plus surgeries for them.
    I am selling IC awareness bracelets, keychains, pens and pins..if interested please email me! ThanksFeel free to email me at [email protected].
    One day at a time

I had mine in for a week. I had some complications with retention after the hydro, so the cath and leg bag was a Godsend for me. I was on antibiotic to prevent UTIs. I think it is a great doctor you have to think a head like this! Best wishes for a fast recovery!

Comment

I have always had a catheter at least overnight after a hydro. It's really a treat to get to sleep through the night.

Donna
      Stay safe

Elmiron Eye Disease Information Center - https://www.ic-network.com/elmiron-p...mation-center/
      Elmiron Eye Disease Fact Sheet (Downloadable) - https://www.ic-network.com/wp-conten...nFactSheet.pdf

Have you checked the ICN Shop?
      Click on ICN Shop at the top of this page. You'll find Bladder Builder and Bladder Rest, both of which we are finding have excellent results.

Patient Help: http://www.ic-network.com/patientlinks.html

Sub-types https://www.ic-network.com/five-pote...markably-well/

Diet list: https://www.ic-network.com/interstitial-cystitis-diet/

AUA Guidelines: https://www.ic-network.com/aua-guide...tial-cystitis/

I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
      [3MG]

Anyone who says something is foolproof hasn't met a determined fool

Comment

zippy
        I just remembered you had a cysto/hydro just a few weeks ago? Did you have that same procedure again, or was this just an in office cysto (no anesthesia)? Just wondering why another one so soon??? Hope you are doing ok with the cathether and leg bag. Keep us posted!

Comment

Briza
          I had one on the 14th of March and now another one this week because my doctor can't figure out why I still have so much pain and frequency even after all the meds they tried and the tests they have done. I was put out for both of them.
          Current diagnosis
          Severe IC, Severe Endometriosis(keeps growing back all over despite surgeries and treatment), Chronic ovarian cysts, Chronic Pelvic Pain Syndrome,Fibromyalgia,Inguinal hernia, bursititis of the hip, Migraines, IBS, Celiac disease, CROHN'S Disease, Chronic Constipation, Chronic anal fissures, Vulvodynia, Pelvic Floor Dysfunction, Pirisformis muscle spasms,vulvar vestibulitis, chronic insomnia, Burning Mouth Syndrome, Brain TUMOR, Chronic Lyme Disease,Temporomandibular Joint Disorder,Degenerative disc disease,Arthritis.
          Allergies: Elmiron, Levaquin, Sulfa-Anaphylactic shock,Morphine, Doxyclycline,Cipro

Treatments I have tried:Bladder instillations, Oral meds-Elmiron, Elavil (amitryptyline), Hydroxyzine (Vistaril & Atarax), Ditropan, Levsin, Urispas, Urised, Pyridium, Cystoprotek, Desert HarvestAloe,antibiotics,Ultram,Neurontin,Valium,Tramadol,Lunesta,Ketor olac,Cipro,Meloxicam,Dilaudid,Morphine,Vicoden,Darvocet,oxycontin,Lyri ca,Cymbalta,Nortriptyline,Enblex,Baclofen,Clonidine,oxybutynin,Detrol, Nitroglycerine ,Vesicare,Sanctura(there are more but this is enough)
          Physcial Therapy, Cystoscopy with Hydrodistentions, Numerous Nerve Blocks, Neuromodulation-including Sacral neuromodulation(Interstim) and post-tibial nerve stimulation (Urgent PC-12week), Botox, bladder instills, physical therapy, natural(herbs)Current meds: Long list..just email if you are interested
          Interstim implants--8 plus surgeries for them.
          I am selling IC awareness bracelets, keychains, pens and pins..if interested please email me! ThanksFeel free to email me at [email protected].
          One day at a time

Comment

Wow, I hope you are doing ok, after having this procedure twice in such a short amount of time. I hope your dr can get on the road to feeling better soon! Keep us posted

Comment

Did you have just an in office cystoscopy or a hydrodistention? I dont understand why you would have to have a catheter left in place if you are able to pee. I would imagine it would be more painful having a catheter in constantly especially with the IC. Also not to mention the risk of infection from having a cath in for too long.
              What all meds has your doc had you on to treat the IC? I am so sorry you are having so much trouble. I pray you get better soon.
              Jen

Comment

Working...
              X