Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cysto next week...Urologist worries me...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bethrlk
    replied
    I went through 4 docs/uros before the 5th one diagnosed me. I can't stress enough to TRUST YOUR GUT FEELINGS. If you are feeling uncomfortable with this uro, ask your GP to recommend someone else - even if your procedure is coming up soon.

Many of us have learned the hard way that we should have opened our mouths when we didn't feel comfortable. There ARE many docs out there who take IC patients very seriously, and are gentle and thorough! Don't settle!!

Warm Hugs,
    Beth

Leave a comment:

• mary124
    replied
    I agree with the others, I would get a second opinion. But I also see your point as well, 3 to 6 months wait to see another doctor. Is it possible to find another doctor before this time frame? I know you mentioned a 6 hour drive? Isn't there one closer to where you work/live? Sounds like Your GP is very helpful, (I know mine is--I think I see him more than my URO) Either way, good luck in what you do.)

Leave a comment:

• bladder
    replied
    Cysto etc.

Yes, I had a postitive PST performed . I was on track to return to teaching this week. I went to my GP and had been flaring badly for a few days. I could not even sit at the appointment. I was pacing his office as he asked me questions. He sent me for a urine test. It came back negative as usual. He called and got me an emergency appointment with the Urologist. I am now off work until the end of June. My health is just too unpredictable right now. The added stress of returning to teach near the end of school year is not good either.

Yes, my GP has prescribed all my meds. so far. He is so supportive and knowlegable. I think I will try and call him and voice my concerns. I really don't want to wait longer. I would rather just get this cysto over with.

Leave a comment:

• bladder
    replied
    Urologist appointment

Maybe it is my anxiety getting the best of me. If I do not take this appointment, I will have to wait a minimum 3 months to see another Urologist. They send one into our town every 3 months to do outpatient referals. So if I see him, he will probably wait until the next visit to do a cysto, then it will be November. I don't have much choice.

Thank goodness for this site. The closest support group is a 6 hour drive away.

Leave a comment:

• kadi
    replied
    Agree with the last two posts. Sounds like a second opinion from another urologist is a good idea. Your primary care doctor or your gynecologist might be able to refer you to a more up-to-date or knowledgeable one.

Leave a comment:

• leelee88
    replied
    If you do not feel comfortable with this doctor then that is a red flag with me.. I wish I would of went with my gut feeling about the Uro who did my cysto/hydro..If I would have I prob would not be in the shape I am today..Follow your first instinct its usually right

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    replied
    You might want to call your GP and ask for some advice. It may be that a different doctor would be better for you.

Warm hugs,
    Donna

Leave a comment:

• bladder
    started a topic Cysto next week...Urologist worries me...

Cysto next week...Urologist worries me...

I had my first appointment with my Urologist yesterday. He spent all of two minutes with me in outpatient. My doctor faxed him my background and he did not even check his office. He asked me what I was seeing him for!!! Yikes! I showed him my current meds and he asked me what Hydroxyzine(Atarax) was for! He was confused as to why I would be taking an antihistimine. That is scary. My regular GP seems to be so much more up to date on IC treatments.

That leads me to the cysto next week. He said to eat a regular meal so I expect only local anesthetic, if any. I was in a lot of pain just with the potassium/water test my GP performed. Unfortunately I have to travel 2 1/2 hours to Alberta to see the Urologist. The drive alone makes me so uncomfortable.

Sorry for the rant. I am just not comfortable with the whole thing.
Working...
X