X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• persefonexxi
    replied
    Donna,

Thanks very much. I feel much better about the whole thing now, and honestly I can't wait to get diagnosed and start treating this awful bladder pain. I have made my appoinment for next Wednesday and I will travel to LA that Friday.

Thanks again!

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    replied
    Since you're heading out on a fairly long flight, you might want to ask your doctor to prescribe some antibiotics for after the procedure --- and possibly some pyridium or urised in case you have some irritation from it. When I was working, I went across the street to my uro's office and had a cystoscopy, then went directly back to work. It was uncomfortable for an hour or two, but not horrible.

If you can relax, it will make the procedure much easier. I concentrate on breathing slowly and evenly and consciously relax my muscles. You could practice relaxing at home ahead of time.

Hopefully this will be a very easy procedure for you.

Donna

Leave a comment:

• persefonexxi
    replied
    Hello Donna,

Thanks for your prompt response!

It will be a cystoscopy at the doctor's office. He does not want to do the hydro because of the false positives/negatives it can give, or at least that's what he said.

I don't have too much problems with my urethra, it is mostly my bladder that makes me suffer, so I hope the cysto will not change this fact. I've never had one before.

Thanks again, I feel better about the whole thing now.

Jenny

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    replied
    Are we talking about a cystoscopy in the doctor's office or a cystoscopy with hydrodistention in a hospital with anesthesia? If it's an office cysto, it shouldn't be a problem, but if you're having a hydrodistention, it's "iffy." You might be able to fly two days later, but it won't be fun.

Donna

Leave a comment:

• persefonexxi
    started a topic Could I travel 2 days after cysto?

Could I travel 2 days after cysto?

Hello there,

My urologist and I have suspected IC for a while now. I have finally gotten an appointment for a cystoscopy. However the urologist that I have been seeing and whom I trust very much is moving away and he would like to do the cystoscopy before he moves. He schedule me for May 30th which is a Wednesday. I will really like to keep this appointment because I know the doctor and because he has taken good care of me.

The problem is that I have to travel to Los Angles, on June 1st. (two days after the cysto) for a work trip I cannot postpone. I have to spend the weekend in LA and of course work. I live in DC, so I'll be traveling across the country.

My questions are:

How much does the cystoscopy hurt?

How long does the pain/discomfort last?

Do you think I'll be able to travel across country just two days after the cystoscopy?

I have booked non-stop flights, so I'll be in the plain for 5 hours each trip, to see if this helps. And if I keep the appointment I will take Thursday May 31st off and stay home for a day before the trip. If I don't keep the appoinment I'll have to schedule a new cysto with another Uro.

Please let me know what you think.
Working...
X