Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mary124
    replied
    for me, I usually start to feel better within a few days. I think the one I had back in September which wasn't the one I just had a month or so ago, took me a little longer to recover from as I had a lot of problems. But once everything settled down I was ok.

Leave a comment:

• Babs RN
    replied
    For me it was same, same, same...then better. I'm sorry you are feeling so rough. Please PM me if you need to vent, k?

Hugs,
    Barb

Leave a comment:

• sphinx
    replied
    Originally posted by Babs RN View Post
    When my hydros were most effective it took me about 3 weeks to see an improvement. Everyone is so different with this. Unfortunately now, the hydros aren't as therapeutic but there are people on the boards who have continued to have great success with them over many, many years. I hope you feel better soon.

Hugs,
    Barb
    During the 3 weeks......did you see a gradual improvement, or was it "same, same, same...then better"? I know that sounds silly...but I'm grasping!

Leave a comment:

• sphinx
    replied
    Originally posted by kadi View Post
    Hi Sphinx,
    Are you also keeping a food diary? Since foods (even innocent looking ones can set us off), might be worth tracking. Be sure to read labels, I was really shocked to discover that most commercial breads contain preservatives that get me every time...
    If you're not on the IC diet, you might consider it. I think I read that it helps 86% of us, better statistics than any medicine available.. Here's a link to it.

http://www.ic-network.com/handbook/diet.html

Hang in there--
    I've never tried an actual food diary (except when dieting, lol), but will try it the next few days at least. I am trying to cut out pop-I drink diet caffeine free pepsi, and am down to 1-2 a day. I already gave up caffeine, which was hard.....strangely it didn't make a huge difference except in my sleep, lol.

I'll give some of this stuff a shot. I printed out the food list!

Leave a comment:

• Babs RN
    replied
    When my hydros were most effective it took me about 3 weeks to see an improvement. Everyone is so different with this. Unfortunately now, the hydros aren't as therapeutic but there are people on the boards who have continued to have great success with them over many, many years. I hope you feel better soon.

Hugs,
    Barb

Leave a comment:

• kadi
    replied
    Hi Sphinx,
    Are you also keeping a food diary? Since foods (even innocent looking ones can set us off), might be worth tracking. Be sure to read labels, I was really shocked to discover that most commercial breads contain preservatives that get me every time...
    If you're not on the IC diet, you might consider it. I think I read that it helps 86% of us, better statistics than any medicine available.. Here's a link to it.

http://www.ic-network.com/handbook/diet.html

Hang in there--

Leave a comment:

• sphinx
    replied
    Originally posted by kadi View Post
    Some people get symptom relief from the hydro, but not all. Hopefully you will be one of them. I didn't get any improvement from it, but it didn't hurt me either & getting a diagnosis was worth it.

Hang in there, hope you are feeling better soon...
    Well, it didn't hurt me except a couple days of burning, which is not usually one of my symptoms, and Pyridium took care of that. I did have an increase of pain too, but that went away fater 2 days as well. But the maddening frequency remains, and in the past 2-3 days seems worse, but it's hard to tell for sure...I should probably keep track again before my visit, eh?

I guess I just figured if I was going to get relief, it would be seen my now (2 weeks as of this coming Monday). I want it to work, because meds may be a problem for me, since I am already on about a gazillion meds for other problems.

**sigh**

Leave a comment:

• kadi
    replied
    Some people get symptom relief from the hydro, but not all. Hopefully you will be one of them. I didn't get any improvement from it, but it didn't hurt me either & getting a diagnosis was worth it.

Hang in there, hope you are feeling better soon...

Leave a comment:

• tigger_gal
    replied
    my mom had great relief, but I don't recall the time frame. When I had my first one for a dx, I had relief a couple weeks later. My second one tho was a wrong decision, The only thig worth while in getting it done was for the pictures.
    I hope you feel better soon

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    replied
    I usually feel better within a few days, but there are reports that it has taken up to weeks or even months to improve.

Donna

Leave a comment:

• cia
    replied
    I think it can take two or three months depending on the person. I had mine in March and I am probably 80% better unless I have PMS. The recovery and treatment effect can be so slow that you don't even know it is happening. I hope you feel better soon.

Leave a comment:

• sphinx
    started a topic question about hydrodilation

question about hydrodilation

About 2 weeks ago I had cystography with hydrodistension for diagnosis and in hopes that the hydro would help, also. Does anyone know, if it was going to help, how long would it take? I know it wouldn't have helped right away, I was told it would get worse first, which for a day or 2, it definitely was, with more pain and burning. But I haven't gotten any better either, peeing as much as ever. For anyone who has had hydro work for them, how long did it take?

I see my Uro on Thursday. I'm feeling not so optimistic today. My symptoms have been bad today, esp.
    Last edited by sphinx; 06-03-2007, 08:18 AM.
Working...
X