Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Would You Do If You Were In This Situation ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• prettyeyes
    replied
    Thanks for the replies ladies. I feel much better now that I have read your comments. I think I will talk it over with her and let her know I am happy that I had a friend taking care of me. Thanks Again!

Leave a comment:

• waterflow
    replied
    I don't understand why she would be embarassed about it. That is her job. She was bound to have to deal with someone she knew sooner or later. Don't think I would go out of my way and talk to her about it. It was a medical thing and she should not make a big deal out of it.

Leave a comment:

• tigger_gal
    replied
    I agree with Donna too. Ask her to go for coffee and tell her you are so glad she is your friend in the medical field that was able to be with you for the procdure.

Leave a comment:

• Babs RN
    replied
    Ditto here. When I worked in Las Vegas, I worked in the same clinic as the nurse for the urologists, 5 general surgeons, ENT, and a plastic surgeon. I had 3 cystos and a general surgical procedure and I worked with the techs and the docs. I told them the same thing--that I was glad I had friends to watch my back. I only threatened them not to paint my toes so obnoxious color or do some crazy tattoo.

Hugs,
    Barb

Leave a comment:

• leelee88
    replied
    I think Donna has the right idea... Just approach her and say I want you to know, I am glad I had a friend helping to take care of me while I was under.. She probably just feels a little uncomfortable I am sure after you say that then it will ease all the tention.. Good Luck
    Last edited by leelee88; 06-03-2007, 09:13 AM.

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    replied
    I also worked at the hospital where I have my hydrodistentions done. It actually makes me less nervous because I know the people who are caring for me. I think in your place I would probably tell this friend it was good to know you had a friend with you.

Donna
    Last edited by ICNDonna; 06-03-2007, 08:22 AM.

Leave a comment:

• prettyeyes
    started a topic What Would You Do If You Were In This Situation ?

What Would You Do If You Were In This Situation ?

I have to have all my procedures and bloodwork done at the hospital I work at because my insurance is set up to use certain hospitals, labs etc. I recently got copies of my medical records and it stated that a co-worker who I am friends with had to prep me for the procedure. I was asleep for the procedure so I was unaware that my co-worker had to prep me. After the procedure when I went back to work I noticed that she does not speak to me anymore she avoids all contact with me. I feel so bad about this because I am sure she felt totally embarassed and uncomfortable about the entire situation. I keep telling myself I did nothing wrong and it's not my fault. If you were in this situation what would you do? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    P.S. I am really worried because I know I will have to have cystoscopies in the future.
Working...
X