Help! Retention and blood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help! Retention and blood

I had my hydrodistention today and I'm home now. I am urinating blood and was told that is normal (but it's freaking me out a bit) and having trouble urinating. Is this normal? Could the retention be from all drugs I was given today or from the actual stretching of the bladder? Or both? Is this something that improves eventually or could it be damage?
    Facebook- Ann Stockmeyer Rachinger

Yes that is normal because you probably had a biopsy too.The tissue needs a couple days to heal.I found pyridium worked for me for that couple of days.
    Well you survived it, and its going to feel better just give it time.
    54 year old male
    Diagnosed with IC in 1994
    Had symptoms since 1992
    Three cystoscopies.One biopsy with hydrodistention.
    This is what I have tried,Dmso cocktail,Elavil,Atarax,Hytrin,Detrol,Pyridium,Elmiron,Allegra,Augmenti n,Flomax,Ditrapan,Vesacare.
    Sent urine samples about 10 years ago to the famous Dr Fugguzatto.Went through plenty of Dr's which took about 2 years for an IC diagnosis.I am considered having one of the worst IC conditions known to my doctors.
    Thanks to reading the great info on this board I am presentally trying 3 more natural remedies.Msm,Glucosamine,and Quercetin

Comment

Yes this is all normal..
      Hugs
      Ronda

ONE Second, ONE Bite, ONE Breath, ONE Pill, ONE Minute, ONE Teardrop, ONE Hour, ONE Sip.. ONE DAY! I will Prevail from this disease! IC Hoping for a Cure!

Link to Patient Handbook:
      http://www.ic-network.com/handbook/

Diet Reference Sheet:
      http://www.ic-network.com/diet/icndi...tsheet0909.pdf

Meds For IC: Lyrica-25mg Glucosamine-500 MSM-500mg, Prosed Ds -When Flaring

Other Meds: Levlite- Continious Birtcontrol, Micardis-40mg for High Blood Pressure

Meds I have Tried:
      Topamax,Tofranil, Elmiron, Atarax, Cymbalta, Elavil, Enablex, Detral La, Prydium.
      Lexapro< Bad reaction to this med!
      Intstills, could not continue them due to some kind of reaction after 3rd instill. Tasted the lidocaine in my mouth, tongue and lips went numb then went into what seemed like a panic attack. Shaking, racing heart, tingling face/head, blood pressure shot up..

Dx With IC in Nov 2006 with Hydro/Cysto
      Hydro/Cysto Caused Bladder to Rupture.

Other Dxs-Vulvodynia,Fibro, Endo, IBS, HPV, Migraines, Spastic Colon, Mild Dysplasia.

ICN Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

Comment

Any idea why the retention...is this something that will get better as I heal?

Comment

wow... i had hydrodistention yesterday too and im having trouble peeing.. i have to caugh just for it to come out this really sucks! guess it will get better when the bladder heals.
          Angela aka sleepyangel30

Comment

While the retention and blood is probably normal, dont let it continue for more than a day or so w/o contacting your Dr.

Feel better soon!

Diana
            (\__/)
            (o.O )
            (> < ) This is Bunny. He's on his way to world domination.

Comment

Some people heal up right away and others have problems longer. I had problems for months and I know some others did also. If you need someone to talk to please feel free to write to me okay?

Take care,
              Moonheart
              http://www.TheCraftyEwe.etsy.com

Comment

This must be hydro week. I had one on Thursday. There's still a tiny bit of blood, but it's dark now so it's just some left over residue. Up until about noon yesterday it was pretty bright red. Some bleeding is normal after a hydro. I'm still on pain medications, but should be past that stage by the end of the weekend.

Donna
                Stay safe

Elmiron Eye Disease Information Center - https://www.ic-network.com/elmiron-p...mation-center/
                Elmiron Eye Disease Fact Sheet (Downloadable) - https://www.ic-network.com/wp-conten...nFactSheet.pdf

Have you checked the ICN Shop?
                Click on ICN Shop at the top of this page. You'll find Bladder Builder and Bladder Rest, both of which we are finding have excellent results.

Patient Help: http://www.ic-network.com/patientlinks.html

Sub-types https://www.ic-network.com/five-pote...markably-well/

Diet list: https://www.ic-network.com/interstitial-cystitis-diet/

AUA Guidelines: https://www.ic-network.com/aua-guide...tial-cystitis/

I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
                [3MG]

Anyone who says something is foolproof hasn't met a determined fool

Comment

Are things any better now? I would be very careful with the retention and blood. If it continues past the first day and does not seem like it is getting better I would call the URO.

Ginny

Comment

The blood is better but the increased pain and retention isn't. I am so scared!

Comment

The worse thing that could happen is that you will need to be catheterized.Keep in touch with your doctor.You may need an emergency room visit if you feel your retaining your urine.He may suggest a visit.
                      GoldSeals
                      54 year old male
                      Had symptoms since 1992
                      This is what I have tried,Dmso cocktail,Elavil,Atarax,Hytrin,Detrol,Pyridium,Elmiron,Allegra,Augmenti n,Flomax,Ditrapan,Vesacare.
                      Sent urine samples about 10 years ago to the famous Dr Fugguzatto.Went through plenty of Dr's which took about 2 years for an IC diagnosis.I am considered having one of the worst IC conditions known to my doctors.
                      Thanks to reading the great info on this board I am presentally trying 3 more natural remedies.Msm,Glucosamine,and Quercetin

Comment

I would call your uro if you are unable to urinate well. You may even be able to just self cath intermittently until you get back to being able to pee well. This may be better and more comfortable than having a cathether in all the time.
                        Jen

Comment

I just talked to the Dr and he thinks it's spasms and says it will correct itself. I can urinate if I push really hard but it's freaking me out. I usually get that as a side effect easily from meds and not nearly this bad! While the hydro is supposed to help hold more urine the urge feeling is worse and this is more painful! Did I do damage to my bladder for having this done? Will this really get better? I am really scared! The drugs that treat spasms make it worse to strain too. I've taken them before.

Comment

Im surprised that they didnt leave the catheter in after the hydro.
                            Being a male they left a catheter in me to drain all the biopsy tissue out.They told me for at least a couple of weeks maximum I would have to wear it..I couldnt stand it any longer.I called my primary care doctor and he wouldnt remove it without the urologist permission.Finally I was able to convince someone at the urologist office to remove it.I was going to remove it myself if they didnt.What I didnt realize is that the catheter is held in by water pressure.I was going to try and just pull it out.Its a good thing I went to the urologist office because I might have damaged something.Im alot smarter now with all this stuff.
                            The next day after the catheter was removed I had retention.I couldnt get anything to come out.I strained to pee without success.I was actually going into a panic.Being engineering minded I decided to use the vacuum cleaner on my urethra while pushing and it worked.I believe tissue was clogging my bladder.Now I know why they want you to wear the catheter for a few days to drain all the dead tissue from the bladder.I told the doctor I did this and he freaked out.But it did work for me.I dont care what he said.I had no way to catheter myself.Being a male the catheter has to go through the prostate gland then into the bladder, and is more difficult to do than for a woman.
                            To answer the question about the hydrodystension.It can change the symetry (shape) of the bladder if its over done.This would explain why some people have to strain "push" to go.
                            GoldSeals
                            54 year old male
                            Had symptoms since 1992

Comment

How long has it been since the hyrdo? Was it yesterday? Is it getting any better?

Ginny

Comment

Working...
                              X