Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• charmedx3
    replied
    I think that she (uro) just wanted to reassure my husband. I don't know what she burned off but she did say it was on the base of the bladder. I don't think she did anything with the urethra. But I will find eveything at at my post op appt.
    All I know is that it is done with.

Leave a comment:

• Charisse
    replied
    They usually do talk to the family members after surgery even with HIPPA. My guess is they want to wait until your post-op appt when you are not under influence of anesthesia to really explain things. I know I didn't remember half of what they told me about my stomach when I had an endoscopy and I had to wait a month for my follow up. It sounds like your uro is very thorough but I'm just confused as to why they burned stuff off in your urethra but are saying that your bladder is not the problem? Hopefully now that your urethra has been worked on it will help with the bladder pain? I just talked to my rheumatologist and he said the sharp pains in my urethra need to be checked out. I'm just wondering what if anything they will see in there. If they found something like your uro found that they could burn off then maybe it would be helpful for me?? My rheumatologist said to take more Ativan to see if that helps relax my muscle pain but he doesn't think the urethral pain is related to fibromyalgia at all. So I'm kind of back at square one.

Leave a comment:

• charmedx3
    replied
    My uro told me afterwards that they took 2 biopsy's, and found some pin point bleeding that I think they fixed AND something on the base of my bladder they burned off something or things.
    Now she told my husband everything looked good and my cervix didn't look too bad. So he took that as my bladder had no problems.
    He didn't know about the other things until I told him.
    Maybe it is HIPPA that they just can't say too much of what was done. I don't know?? I think this is were the problem is with they tell the patient 1 thing and family a different??

Leave a comment:

• Charisse
    replied
    Hi Charmed! I was thinking of you all day yesterday! I'm sorry you had to wait so long. I almost chickened out of my endoscopy too. I remember the nurse calling me back and saying "okay are you ready?" and I said "no not really" and I thought okay now's my chance to run! So I'm confused -they said your bladder is not causing your pain but what were the things they burned off? And what is the plan now? I guess maybe you won't know until your follow up. Sorry you got sick in the car. I hate throwing up. Was it from the anesthesia or the pain?? Hang in there sweetie!

Leave a comment:

• leelee88
    replied
    So glad everything turned out ok.....

Leave a comment:

• charmedx3
    replied
    I did it!

Ok I did almost chicken out. We got there at 720 for my 745 appt. Then waited outside in the sun from 9-1020. at 1030 we were in the surgery waiting room. then waited. We both fell asleep! I had a nice wrinkle on my face from my husbands arm! REAL ATTACTIVE!!
    Anyway upstairs they tried to start a IV--my veins just weren't going for it! So they took me into the or. I told them I was running for the door both in a serious and joking!
    So my uro told me afterwards that my bladder looked good. I had some pin point bleeding in a few spots. They took 2 biopsys and she said they had to burn some things off the base of my bladder. ouch! She describe that kind of like when you cry really bad and skin gets red/blotchy. That was all I really remembered. She also had a chat with my husband. she told him that my bladder looked really good and my cervix didn't look like to was too dropped. So he says to me that we can rule out the bladder as the source of my pain!!
    Thank god he is a good man! When I told him what was said to me he changed his way of thinking.
    When I woke up from the procedure had had the same pain,in same places, just more intense.
    My experience at UC San Francisco was very good. I had some great drs there yesterday.
    I was so sick afterwards though! The ride home was just awful!! I threw up in the car! Thank god I brought towels!!
    Then we swing by the pharmacy to get my pain meds and cipro. My uro called in the vicodin (i asked for stronger) and the post op faxed over the cipro. we get there to pick it up and the cipro was never received!
    so I track down a on call uro for ucsf and he called in a rx for me. So of course my husband went in to pharmacy and i waited in car but then decide i better go in. Did I mention this is also where I work?? I looked like hell! While I was waiting I was talking to some coworker and they learned a bit about IC. I was told I hide my pain well they never knew.
    well i am going back to bed thanks for being there with your support and letting me ramble.

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    replied
    I'm sending encouraging hugs and well wishes.

Donna

Leave a comment:

• charmedx3
    replied
    My bladder has not been happy with me today! it must know something is up! We have the kids farmed out tonight. We are just getting the house all organized and cleaned. I will be off on until wed. I am very nervous! my stomach has also been bothering me for the last few days! i will let you all know how it goes! wish me luck!

Leave a comment:

• sleepyangel30
    replied
    wish u well... i had a hydro last thursday everything went good.

Leave a comment:

• Charisse
    replied
    Good luck sweetie and please keep us posted. I'll be thinking of you!!

Leave a comment:

• Trishann
    replied
    Just sending ((((((((hugs))))))))))) your way.

Hugs, Trishann

Leave a comment:

• Roxie2007
    replied
    HI Charmed.......I'll be thinking of you too.....and it's not as bad as some say....let us know how it goes......Roxie

Leave a comment:

• Bethrlk
    replied
    Hi Charmed,

Good luck with the hydro - it is NOT as bad as some people make it out to be.....sending hugs your way!

Beth

Leave a comment:

• verdicries
    replied
    charmed, you'll be fine...i'll be thinking of you

Leave a comment:

• GriffsMommy
    replied
    Good luck! It's not fun but it wasn't as bad as I was worried it would be, I had mine at the start of April.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X