• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    zanne
    ICN Member

• zanne
    replied
    I was sore for about 2 weeks but I was able to go back to work 2 days after my procedure and I am a mail carrier, I drive a mail route but I still do alot of lifting,carrying, standing, walking and I was fine to do that I just took things very carefully. And rested when I was at home.

Sue

Leave a comment:

• zanne
    ICN Member

• zanne
    replied
    I had my first cysto/hydro in April 2007, it went really well. It didn't hurt at all going pee but I was sore for about 2 weeks after the procedure, my Dr did tell me I would get worse before I got better, I hung in there and I feel great now. I still have to watch everything I eat, if I don't I will go into a flare. I am so glad I did the hydro, it was worth it all. I almost back out at the last minute too, but I went through with it and I am so glad I did. Just remember for about 2-3 weeks after the procedure you won't feel so great but it WILL get better, just give it time. Your bladder has to "heal" from the stretching. Take care and just do what your gut tells you.
    Sue

Leave a comment:

• littlemyrn
    ICN Member

• littlemyrn
    replied
    I guess my are success stories. Yes, for about two weeks I feel pretty bad, but then slowly it gets better and I get such relief. I just realized I haven't had to go to the bathroom for 5 hours. Woo hoo. I get about 5 months of relief. I try to have two a year. Good luck.

Leave a comment:

• vm
    replied
    When I had mine done it was not all that awful. Peeing the first few times did hurt - but wasn't unbearable. Yes, it felt like peeing broken glass, but I was OK.

I had pain meds for 3 days and those helped. After that I pretty much felt like I was in a bad flare - which I was used to from before - and then in a week or maybe two I was back to how I'd felt before I had the cysto w/ hydro. Now, I developed a UTI - so that didn't help how I felt at all either.

It is a procedure I would do again if I had to, for sure. There are horror stories here - but I think the OK outcomes far outnumber those.

Leave a comment:

• kttex
    IC Friend

• kttex
    started a topic cysto / hydro Friday - need encouragement

cysto / hydro Friday - need encouragement

Hi everyone,

Well, the date for my cysto / hydro is closing in - Friday, June 29. I'm still incredibly scared. I've read horror stories on this site about it making people worse for MONTHS, which have sent my mind into overdrive. So, part of me wants to back out because I've been feeling better recently.

However, when I remember how I felt a month ago (in tears) and over the past 5+ years off and on, I want ANSWERS! I want a diagnosis - or at least I want to get closer to one.

Is the procedure really going to be that bad? Will I be back to my normal self in 3 or 4 days? Does anyone have any positive stories to share?

This whole thing is emotionally overwhelming to be completely honest.

Working...
X