X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• melanie626
    replied
    capsascian

Kinda at the guinie pig stage. According to the new AUA algorythem I am living life in Stage 5 (expiramental) treatments. I am on a boatload of stuff with fair to poor control and so the hydrodistension with capsacian was discussed. I have had 2 hydros in the past with no improvement so no idea why I am putting myself through this other then I am sick of this disease and the profound affect it has on my life.

If anyone has had it done with capsasian, let me know.

Melanie

P.S.- the theory is the hot pepper helps to deaden the nerves that are icky and hyperactive in IC....they use it alot in general for chronic pain.

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    replied
    Capsacian is sometimes used in bladder instillations. It's not widely used, but has been reported to be helpful for some ICers in relieving pain.

Donna

Leave a comment:

• bob04951
    replied
    Capsacian is actually used to treat stomach ulcers, so who knows? Some docs actually advise stomach ulcer patient to add it to their food in the way of cayenne pepper. How it affects the bladder??? Don't know and really don't want to be the guinea pig. Please let everyone know how this comes out, would be interesting.

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    replied
    I have had over 40 hydrodistentions in my 36 years with IC, with the last one in October of 2009 --- I'm 17 months out from that one and still doing well.

Donna

Leave a comment:

• melanie626
    started a topic capsacian and hydrodistension

capsacian and hydrodistension

Anyone have this done? I have IC and have tried everything.....anyone
Working...
X