Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Scared about Hydro - blood, WBC in Urine with no growth for 2 months - Hunners ulcer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scared about Hydro - blood, WBC in Urine with no growth for 2 months - Hunners ulcer?

So I FINALLY have my cystoscopy with hydrodistention Thursday and I'm really nervous. After being treated for a bladder infection 2 months ago, and severe flank pain and ending up in the ER twice after - They scheduled a cysto for me. I have had 2 in the past that did NOT help theraputically for me...caused more pain which is why I haven't had one since 2007 when I was officially diagnosed. Now because all of the blood, high white blood cell count and initial bacteria but completely negative culture results, the doctor seems to think I may have bleeding ulcers either caused directly by my IC or I also have lupus so it could be caused by that. They believe the lupus is why I had such bad flank pain because they believe it caused a lot of internal swelling.

I'm really nervous because I have constant IC pain but I get a REALLY sharp - knife like pain on the right side the same place every time and the same place in my back....just started to notice the same type of pain in one area on the left side in the last month. Those of you who were diagnosed with Hunners Ulcers - what type of pain do you get that's different from the traditional overall IC pain? the doctors have told me they will lazer of any ulcers while they're in there or of its horribly bad (my bladder was really thin and shrunk in half last time) there's something called resectioning? They also want to test for bladder cancer because of the blood so I'm kinda freaking out a little. Is there any advice anyone can give me that had the hydro for anything like this other than for therapeutic reasons or diagnosis of IC? What happened to those of you who were found to have Hunners Ulcers, or god forbid bladder cancer - or anything else that these symptoms may sound simlar too? Just like to hear some stories. If you have any questions about meds or other diagnoses or surgeries, anything like that, just let me know!

Oh also, I'm having the general anesthesia and am on a specific pain regimine that includes extended release and breakthrough. they told me not to take any that day and i dont kno when my prodedure will be...I'm just nervous if they do laser or just in general I remember being in a lot of pain the last time - do they give you something for the pain in the hospital before you leave? I'll probably ask for something to relax me because this time I'm so nervous because I'm not sure what the situation will be when I wake up! Thank you all soo much I'm sorry this is so long...I'm just so nervous and was also curious if it IS ulcers, the success of them staying away and the healing process after they've been lasered off - its not like we can put peeing on hold for 2 weeks so it can heal so the acidic urine will be right back rubbing against everything - ahh!

I've had 5 major surgeries and a ton of procedures so I'm no stranger to all of this, but this pain is comparable if not worse than my gallbladder pain...plus the constant blood just really worries me...especially after being diagnosed with lupus after the IC...

I REALLY appreciate your responses...thanks!
    I am 26 years old with IC, PFD, Vulvodynia and Vulvar Vestibulitis, Fibromyalgia, Chronic Fatigue and Immune Dysfunction Syndrome, Myofascial Pain Syndrome, Urethral pain syndrome, coccydinia, IBS amongst a few other things.

I don't have an answer but...

was wondering where you go for treatments...? I live in Carlisle.

Good luck and God bless!
    Maria

Current medication: Soul-searching

Vitamin D and B, Green smoothies, infrared sauna use, walking, cleansing, still seeking doctors to help find THE CAUSE of this--autoimmune or infection.

Comment

Working...
    X