X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JustmeGemmy
    replied
    Originally posted by Julie B View Post
    If they think it is a nerve problem, did they give you any medication? I know that Elavil works well for that, but also Cymbalta.

MG, I also have to sit with my feet up if I am there for a long time! I always look for seats in the movie theaters where no one is sitting in front of me. And always on the end seats.
    The Dr doing the cysto couldn't prescribe anything for me, just make a suggestion to the consultant who originally referred me for the test.. I've not heard anything from the consultant since May & I've tried calling him for days with no answer. The NHS really is in tatters & I just wanted some answers.

Thank God I'm not in any pain or that my problem isn't worse than it is because I just wouldn't be able to cope.

Leave a comment:

• Julie B
    replied
    If they think it is a nerve problem, did they give you any medication? I know that Elavil works well for that, but also Cymbalta.

MG, I also have to sit with my feet up if I am there for a long time! I always look for seats in the movie theaters where no one is sitting in front of me. And always on the end seats.

Leave a comment:

• JustmeGemmy
    replied
    Originally posted by Mothergoose View Post
    I don't know how nerve problems are dealt with, you have to wait and see what you get diagnosed with.

not much help I know.

MG
    I know.. It's so frustrating! Hopefully my OH hasn't thrown away my first letter (with the Uro number on) - he has a habit of throwing things away without checking I will try to call him next week to see where I go from here.. I've heard nothing since the last time I saw him. The Dr who did the Cysto was surprised by that, & he hadn't received a letter from him either, just the referral.

I hate all this not knowing.. It makes me very stressed!

Leave a comment:

• Mothergoose
    replied
    I don't know how nerve problems are dealt with, you have to wait and see what you get diagnosed with.

not much help I know.

MG

Leave a comment:

• JustmeGemmy
    replied
    Originally posted by sailawaygrl View Post
    This is my personal opinion only but I think that those sensations of urgency and pain aren't from the amount of urine (or water) in my bladder but from nerves that are sending incorrect signals to my brain. That is why some of us don't feel an urgency when they fill our bladder in office. When I had my office cysto they didn't ask me if I felt like I had to go, I did feel severe pain from the scope itself in my urethra. At that time I was severely inflamed in my urethra and bladder.

I am mostly comfortable in "lounge" wear (nice term for PJ's!) and I have a hard time sitting upright for a long time. I can best watch movies or TV when lying down in my bed. If I sit upright for too long I get a terrible "pinching" sensation in my bladder.

That is my two cents on the topic. I hope one more that doesn't have the urge to void during a cysto but definitely has IC will help you understand yourself better.
    The Dr doing the Cysto thought it might be a nerve thing rather than my bladder actually being full. I keep wondering if there's some sort of damage there, which would explain the loss of feeling when my bladder was genuinely full. Sometimes it feels as though I could literally pop but then I go to void & there's barely anything there (Certainly not as much as I was expecting!)

I'm so glad I'm not the only person who lives in comfy clothes! I had to attend a friend's BBQ & it was at his Grandparents house.. The only thing I could find that was comfy was my jogging bottoms. I just felt as though I was less of a person because they all looked so nice & it seemed as though I couldn't be bothered to make an effort

Mothergoose - I always have my legs up when I am sitting down.. Most of the time I either sit with crossed legs or with one up & one down.
    If I sit too long, I get an ache in my lower back & in my front. I'm never sure which medical condition that is though!

I really hope I hear from the Urologist next week.. I would really like some answers. I'm sure he must have come across this before.

If it is a nerve problem.. What is done to fix that? Or is it something that I will just have to learn to live with? Maybe ignore it? (Or try to!)

Leave a comment:

• Mothergoose
    replied
    I also find if I am on the computer or watching, well sitting really I need to have my feet up or I get pian from my pelvic down.

MG

Leave a comment:

• sailawaygrl
    replied
    This is my personal opinion only but I think that those sensations of urgency and pain aren't from the amount of urine (or water) in my bladder but from nerves that are sending incorrect signals to my brain. That is why some of us don't feel an urgency when they fill our bladder in office. When I had my office cysto they didn't ask me if I felt like I had to go, I did feel severe pain from the scope itself in my urethra. At that time I was severely inflamed in my urethra and bladder.

I am mostly comfortable in "lounge" wear (nice term for PJ's!) and I have a hard time sitting upright for a long time. I can best watch movies or TV when lying down in my bed. If I sit upright for too long I get a terrible "pinching" sensation in my bladder.

That is my two cents on the topic. I hope one more that doesn't have the urge to void during a cysto but definitely has IC will help you understand yourself better.

Leave a comment:

• Mothergoose
    replied
    Hi

Me too I live in mens boxers or pj bottoms, sweat pants in the winter. This is all I wear at home, and when I go out I wear pants or shorts that are a bit big.

Anything pressing on my abdomin except for my heating pad cause pressure, increase frequency, and pain.

I have found that if I buy mens or boys pants, they are a bit more roomy in the crotch area, so this helps with VV.

I got over feeling like a slob, I need to wear comfort cloths and that's just the way it is.

If we go out which is rare I will dress better, but wait till last min to change and I am back in my pj as soon as I am home.

Yes it oes seem really weird to not sense the feeling of filling and being full, but to still have F&U.

My guess different nerves sense different things and send ifferent signals to your brain.

MG
    Last edited by Mothergoose; 07-02-2011, 05:08 AM. Reason: add an item

Leave a comment:

• JustmeGemmy
    replied
    I guess the thing I found weird was that my main problem has been frequent urination & pressure on my bladder (I can't even wear jeans any more because it feels like there is pressure from all sides then! I live in jogging trousers & feel like a slob 100% of the time). But when they filled my bladder, there was no added pressure.. I didn't feel what everyone else normally feels when their bladder is filled. Maybe I've lost some feeling in there? It didn't look inflamed or anything so I might not have IC.

Leave a comment:

• Mothergoose
    replied
    I have retention and I think I also have lost some sensation in my bladder, I know I can have 1000cc and have no sensation of needing to even go, so now I am told to go evey hour weather I feel I need to go or not.

This is from having retention and my bladder constantly being streached out big.

I am in the process of being re assest for this problem it seems to be getting worse.

Mg

MG

Leave a comment:

• Julie B
    replied
    They were able to fill my bladder with about 1200 cc before I felt anything....then it hurt. I know we all sound like a broke record, but there are so many variations of this disease that who knows what is going on.

Maybe you were just having a good day?

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    replied
    During a cystoscopy I don't feel pain until my bladder is full --- then it does hurt.

Donna

Leave a comment:

• JustmeGemmy
    replied
    Does anyone know? Has anyone else had this?

Leave a comment:

• JustmeGemmy
    started a topic Cystoscopy - Couldn't Feel Water

Cystoscopy - Couldn't Feel Water

I'm not sure how to explain this.. I've heard (& read) that when the water/saline fills the bladder, people feel uncomfortable or an urge to urinate. I didn't feel anything.. My bladder didn't feel unusually full & I wasn't uncomfortable at all.

The Doctor asked me how I was feeling once he'd filled my bladder to capacity & I just shrugged & said I felt fine. It didn't feel any different to how I normally feel every day.

Normally I feel pressure on my bladder constantly so it wasn't really any different.

What does this mean? The Dr I saw today told me he would write a letter to the Urologist who referred me for the test, I hope he mentions it. He seemed a little surprised by my reaction (or lack of), I think.
Working...
X