Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cysto/Hydro Scheduled: wondering whether to do it. If diagnosed, what will change?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ICNDonna
    replied
    I have had over forty hydrodistentions in my 36 years with IC --- and each has given me relief for at least several months. I had my last on on May 16 of this year --- it had been 18 months since the previous on in October of 2009.

I was diagnosed by hydrodistention in 1975 and that's when I discovered I am among those who benefit.

I usually plan to take it easy for three to five days after having one done, but I feel better the day after than the day before. When I was working I returned to work five to six days post op.

I hope it goes well for you.

Warm hugs,
    Donna

Leave a comment:

• Cysto/Hydro Scheduled: wondering whether to do it. If diagnosed, what will change?

Hello,
    I have a diagnostic cystoscopy/hydrodistension scheduled for next week. My flare is finally starting to settle down with a strict diet and I'm worried about 2 things:
    1--will the procedures make me flare again?
    2--So what if the cysto shows IC? It's not like there's a real cure yet. What will change? What is to be gained by this procedure?

Seriously, once someone is officially diagnosed with IC by a cystoscopy, what changes? The medical and diet protocol is still going to be finding what foods/meds help calm the urethra and bladder, right?

Is there something I'm missing?
Working...
X