Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Further confusion

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
    Pammylynn8
    ICN Member

  • Pammylynn8
    replied
    My urologist said he needed to give my cysto give me the full diagnosis. I don't know anything about the dynamics thing? Once he got my results I was full speed ahead with treatment.. so I would advise at least getting cystoscopy... good luck

    Leave a comment:

  • BiblioGrrL
    ICN Member

  • BiblioGrrL
    replied
    Thanks, earthlady-

    After talking to another patient of this particular doctor, apparently the appointments for the other procedures are scheduled "just in case" and are not an absolute.

    Whew. I was very glad to hear that.

    Leave a comment:

  • earthlady
    ICN Member

  • earthlady
    replied
    I would tell them that you would prefer to wait on the hydro and cysto until after you have a chance to discuss it with your dr. during the consultation. I found out after seeing several drs. that they all seem to have their own personalized treatment plans for how they deal with someone with bladder pain and some of them are very limited in their treatments. If I wasn't comfortable with their plan I moved on to another dr.

    Leave a comment:

  • BiblioGrrL
    ICN Member

  • BiblioGrrL
    started a topic Further confusion

    Further confusion

    I saw my first urologist last Friday at my ob/gyn's recommendation. Basically, he's against medication for IC. His plan of attack is usually a hydro. He did give me a prescription for Prosed, and I had a bad reaction to it.

    This morning, I made an appointment with another doctor who supposedly specializes in IC. I was a bit surprised when, in addition to my consultation appointment, his office also scheduled me for urodynamics testing, followed by a cystoscopy.

    The 2011 AUA guidelines for IC treatment state: "cystoscopy and urodynamics should considered as an aid to diagnosis only in complex presentations; these tests are not necessary for making the diagnosis in uncomplicated presentations"

    I'm really confused on what to do next. I'm not keen on invasive tests. I feel like my IC is fairly mild. I have it under control most days with diet, supplement and hydroxyzine (prescribed by my ob/gyn).

    So, should I just go with a hydro (at least I will be knocked out) or should I do the full round of testing first?

    I'm so confused at this point.
Working...
X