X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• curlycue
    replied
    hydro

Just had mine done on 2/21/11 I started taking bactrim 2 days before the procedure and also pyridium it really helps I have had 4 of these done and driking lots of water after helps as well. Good luck

Leave a comment:

• egrolman
    replied
    Originally posted by banana8785 View Post
    Hello everyone .....im set to have a cysto done in two weeks.....is it really as bad as everyone says???? I have mild ic and dreading this.....I take elmiron urelle and prelief .......I hope to hear some happy thoughts for me....thanks for your help.....
    Hi,
    I just had mine done this past Monday, and I was also dreading it. (I have mild IC, and I was scheduled for a hydro-distension at the same time). I took a Urelle and prelief before the procedure b/c I thought it might help with the pain. In the recovery room my pain was about a 7 out of 10, but I asked for drugs and they quickly gave me some Demerol which brought the pain down to about a 2. I slept the whole rest of the day with a hot water bottle and just one of the oxycodone pain pills they gave me to take home. I was able to urinate with minimal pain and kept drinking water all day as well. I was back at work the very next day. It was definitely NOT as bad as I had dreaded. The suggestion, above, to try and relax, is a good one and should help, too.
    I hope it goes well!

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    replied
    My experience with having a cystoscopy in the doctor's office --- it wasn't horrible --- not fun, but not horrible. I suggest you practice relaxing beforehand. I found that if I consciously relax it really helps. I concentrate on breathing slowly and evenly.

Donna

Leave a comment:

• banana8785
    started a topic cysto procedure in two weeks....

cysto procedure in two weeks....

Hello everyone .....im set to have a cysto done in two weeks.....is it really as bad as everyone says???? I have mild ic and dreading this.....I take elmiron urelle and prelief .......I hope to hear some happy thoughts for me....thanks for your help.....
Working...
X