I didn't like it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I didn't like it

and I'm more confused about things. I went in today for urodynamics. I peed in this chair hooked up to this ibm computer. Then they proceeded to jam 2 catheters similtanoulsly in my crotch, a sensor in my ass. Then I'm filled up and asked how i felt (?) Bizarre!
    WHat a surreal situation.

After, I couldn't pee on command--bladder locked up on me-- so I was told to do multiplication tables (it came out!--even weirder) and why am I doing this? Will this test help me get closer to Interstim? Please say yes....thanks just had to vent a little but I do wan to to know what did you find out?
    I am so not amused...
    y.
    Somewhere there's a reason /Why things go like they do /Somewhere there's a reason /Why some things just fall through /We don't always see them /For what they really are /But I know there's a reason /Just can't see it from this far /Maybe I don't like it, /But I have no choice /I know that somewhere, /Someone hears my voice / I thought I knew it all /I thought I had it made /How could it end this way? /I thought I knew Somewhere there's a reason /Why things don't go my way /Somewhere there's a reason /That I cannot explain /Just like the change of season, /Just may not be my turn /But I know there's a reason, /The lesson's mine to learn

((((((((((((((((yvette)))))))))))))))))))
    Sorry to hear it didn't go so well for you. (I forgot to ask you if you were giong to have someone with you for support? - My husband goes with me to those and holds my hand. It helps more than I can say.)

Did the nurse tell you what she was seeing as she went? Did you look at the monitors and ask questions? I think my husband did all the talking with the nurse. I don't think I would've been able to.

Call the place you had the test done, or your regular doc, and ask for a copy of the report to be sent to you. Reading it should tell you a bunch of information. We can probably help you decipher it too.

Let us know.
    Take good care ofyourself.

Comment

Terri: I did ask some questions an i think thats where things started to get confusing. I peed the first time without being hooked up (BTW: I got there an hour earlier and stared drinking then--I got about a little less than a quart down).So OK I peed without being cathed first, then the cath-I felt empty, then I could feel myself filling up again--apparently maybe I'm acutally not emptying as well as she thought, based on our last visit.

And adjusting the caths left everything feeling probed and raw and I feel full because of that, so it was hard to tell what I felt and how full? I don't have overactive bladder, we estalished that.
      At the end when it was over, my bladder spasmed into retention mode--that hasn't happened in YEARS. I'm kicking myself because I should have asked for a copy right then and there. (The color printer was hooked up underneath--CRAP!) I guess I'll wait til I get the results back and post again. Maybe I won't be as befuddled then. Thanks for your help!!!
      Hugs,
      y.
      Somewhere there's a reason /Why things go like they do /Somewhere there's a reason /Why some things just fall through /We don't always see them /For what they really are /But I know there's a reason /Just can't see it from this far /Maybe I don't like it, /But I have no choice /I know that somewhere, /Someone hears my voice / I thought I knew it all /I thought I had it made /How could it end this way? /I thought I knew Somewhere there's a reason /Why things don't go my way /Somewhere there's a reason /That I cannot explain /Just like the change of season, /Just may not be my turn /But I know there's a reason, /The lesson's mine to learn

Comment

Working...
      X