How did it go?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How did it go?

Hi Tina...was just getting to read this post, and looking at the calander, your surgery is done and over!Just wondering how it went and how you are feeling. Please post and let us know when you can...we care about you!!! Best wishes grouphug
    Wishing you the best, today, tomorrow, and always! Sheri G

Hi Sheri,
    Well, I had the surgery and was in the hospital for 4 days. I came home with a suprapubic catheter (a tube that drains the urine from the bladder through my abdomen) and my incision is stapled across my abdomen. I do not feel any pelvic pressure at all! I get the staples removed tomorrow and will probably have the catheter in for 6 weeks. The doctor seems happy with how the operation went and so am I. I had to stay off my feet completely and see what he says tomorrow about getting up more and of course, no lifting or bending. He said my bladder looked good inside but that the wall of my bladder is very thin which I guess means that the nerve endings must be vulnerable because the wall is so thin. Well, no fun in the hospital. I did not get any sleep. I will keep you posted! Thanks so much for inquiring about me! Tina C.
    hi

Comment

Hi Tina hi

Glad that everything went well, keep us posted when you can.

grouphug
      Mommy to 2 crazy, wonderful kids and wife to the most amazing man in the world!

Comment

Hey Tina...Glad to hear that you are happy with the results of your surgery. I know that the hospital can be a real drag, no sleep, too much noise...But I am glad you are home and doing well. It will be interresting to see how the suprapubic cath works out for ya! Best wishes for a speedy recovery, and please keep us posted! grouphug

Comment

Hi Tina, Hoorah! I hope that you have a speedy recovery. Happy new year and best wishes, little bear

Comment

Hi Tina, glad that everything went well for you, and hope you have a speedy recovery. Take it real easy, just like the doc said. I know what you mean about hospitals, they are so noisy at night time, I never get a good nights sleep until I am back home usually. Take care and so glad surgery is over for you, and you are home. Soft soft hugs Iris hi grouphug grouphug
            Today and every day you are loved, so don't be anxious about tomorrow, God will take care of you tomorrow; Live one day at a time.

Comment

Hi there,
              Just to update...it has been a week and I still have my suprapubic catheter which has been a real blessing. I do not have to get up a million times to pee but I have been having horrible bladder spasms and my IC is the worst it has ever been.....The doctor said that this is something that he expected and will take some time to get my bladder to calm down. Thank you all for the well wishes....it means alot! Tina frown

Comment

Hi Tina, glad you posted and kissing grouphug letting us know how you are doing. Bladder spasms are the worst aren't they. I know it will take a while for everything to calm down. Take care and always here for you, love and hugs Iris.
                Today and every day you are loved, so don't be anxious about tomorrow, God will take care of you tomorrow; Live one day at a time.

Comment

Well...still awake, still having spasms, difficult to sleep while bladder is still awake....could be worse,right!!! Time to take some more pills....i am just plain tired now...you are all so sweet to keep posting and writing such nice things...i really love this site....thanks...tina grouphug

Comment

Hi Tina! hi
                    I am still awake too. Sorry you are in pain. I have been having big problems with my knees, even hard to walk now. My mom sayd I need to lose weight, which I know, but does that mean that until I do, I have to endure this awful knee pain? Just what I need when beginning an ic flare. OOOPS sorry to be venting. Hope you are feeling better soon Tina. Love and hugs to you! grouphug hi

Comment

Hi Tina! hi
                      I am still awake too. Sorry you are in pain. I have been having big problems with my knees, even hard to walk now. My mom sayd I need to lose weight, which I know, but does that mean that until I do, I have to endure this awful knee pain? Just what I need when beginning an ic flare. OOOPS sorry to be venting. Hope you are feeling better soon Tina. Love and hugs to you! grouphug hi

Comment

Working...
                      X