urodynamics with needle emg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• urodynamics with needle emg

I will have a urodynamics test with needle emg, can someone tell me what to REALLY expect?, I read that you have a catheter in your rectum or vagina, wich is less unconfortable?
    and the big question: how much does it hurt to have the needles?, how many do they put? and for how long you have them?
    PLEASE EXPLAINE ME WHAT TO EXPECT, I'M VERY SCARED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [img]frown.gif[/img] [img]frown.gif[/img] [img]frown.gif[/img] [img]frown.gif[/img]

IF I remember correctly, it was in the vagina. The test was not the least bit difficult for me, infact, I had it done on my luch hour (back in the days I was able to work [img]frown.gif[/img] )
    teri
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Courage does not always roar. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow".

Comment

i had this done in oct.you have a very small cath in the rectum and urethra. and thsy hook all these electric pad things to your stomach and back. then you stand in front of a x-ray and they start filling your bladder. they ask you if you are feeling full yet and if your okay they just keep filling it up. its really cool to watch your bladder filling right on the screen. when you do feel the urge to go you sit on a toilet that had a monitor so they can watch you void. if you cannot release all the fluid then you have pfd.
      my case was really strange because it took me a while to start the stream but i did empty completely. the cath is so small that you pee around it. the rectum one is to see if the spasms are in that area. when they place the caths in the monitor tells you at what level your spasms are. then they give you time to see if it goes down some before they fill uou bladder.
      my spasms registered high which was odd because i was able to void complete.
      but then again my ic had just been really strange and not what most people on this board go through

Comment

Hi: Lindsey:

Sapp has explained it to a tea!!!!
        It was not uncomfortable at all, the only time when filling your bladder that was the only thing that bother me..
        I went shopping after I did the test, so it was not bad at all, I had two of these tests done to..

All the best Lindsey, don't worry to much ok!!!

~~Debbie~~~
        Thinking positive has got me through to another day!!

Comment

I'm not scared about the urodynamics, I'M SCARED ABOUT THE NEEDLE EMG!!!!!!! [img]eek.gif[/img] [img]frown.gif[/img] [img]confused.gif[/img]

Comment

Lindsey, What in the needles, is EMG imaging? I am not familiar with the needsles, explain if you can. I had a really bad phobia with the cathether's and I mean severe anxiety and panic, so I know what fear is. I have gotten much better with it though. Carol
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Carol~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it." --Helen Keller

Comment

That was how mine was done over 18 years ago! It hurt my bladder cause mine was so small. I could not hold alot at all. The Dr. was nice. I had my Done at Duke hospital

DebbieD

Comment

Working...
              X