No announcement yet.

Voiding Diaries

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Voiding Diaries

    Could someone please tell me the name of the device used to measure urine volume. My doctor told me I could get this devise at any drug store, but I've called a few places and they don't have them. I don't think the pharmacists knew exactly what I was looking for. I'm going to call a health supply store next but I want to be able to ask for it by the correct name. You put the device in the toilet and pee right into it and then you measure it and write it down.

  • #2
    At the hospital where I worked they are called "san pans" --- but if you simply ask for a urine collection container that fits on the toilet stool they should be able to help you.

    You might have to go to a medical supply place.

    Stay safe

    Elmiron Eye Disease Information Center -
    Elmiron Eye Disease Fact Sheet (Downloadable) -

    Have you checked the ICN Shop?
    Click on ICN Shop at the top of this page. You'll find Bladder Builder and Bladder Rest, both of which we are finding have excellent results.

    Patient Help:


    Diet list:

    AUA Guidelines:

    I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

    Anyone who says something is foolproof hasn't met a determined fool


    • #3
      I called back the Dr. and he said he called it a urine hat (cute). I found it at Medic Drug stores. The pharmacist has them behind the counter, not on the shelves. Medic Drug Stores are in the Cleveland area, but I don't know about other areas.