Urodynamics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urodynamics

Hi, I have had the Interstim in for almost a year now and life has improved greatly, although I am still having problems with my bladder feeling like it has not completed the pee and I have to cath out the rest(about100-150ml) This is not all the time but I would say around 95% of the time.
    I have had 4-5 "tunings" my uro has suggested a urodynamics test. I have an idea of what this is but not really clear on it. Any information would be great.

Sandy

Hi Sandy,

I am sorry I can't help you with your question because I don't even know what a intersitum is. Could you tell me??
    shel
    shel

Comment

Hi Shel

I have IC and Pelvic Floor Dysfuntion. I been thru all the drugs it seemed and everything else that 5 differnt urs did. Interstim is a nuerostimulator implanted into your but cheek and stimulates the nerves to the bladder. I had constant urg/frq, pain and could hardly pee and when I did pee I always had to cath to get it the remaining out as I flet like it was still half full and very uncomfortable and painful. If you read under stimulation on the boards run by Debbie B it will explain alot more and also Medtronics has a sight that explains it. It has helped me a great deal. It is not a cure, but has definately made my life alot better. I used to have to pee about every20 mins on bad days it seemed(had foley caths put in so I could get some sleep, at least my bladder was emprty that way) and went basically thru hell for thre years. Have alook at some of the postings and it should explain more to you. Sopme people it works well for and others it does not. I was one of the lucky ones. It tookaway pain to. I still have to cath at times.and that is usally a sign for a tune up.My is greatly(IC PFD) aggrivated by stress and certian foods and beverages.

Sandy

Comment

Working...
      X