No announcement yet.

need a Doctor in Toronto

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • need a Doctor in Toronto

    I need a Doctor in Toronto, Ontario , Canada.

    I need the names and comments of any IC specialists in Toronto very quickly.

    I am scheduled to have a hydrodistention on Nov. 16, 2000. I want to cancel. I am terrified. The doctor is just an elderly Urologist and I feel that I need a specialist in IC. He won’t answer my questions.

    I understand that the procedure is to see if the walls of my bladder bleed and therefore see if I
    have Interstitial Cystitis. It seems like a very archaic thing to do. Is there not a method of culturing the urine for 5 days in broth by a Dr. Fuggazotto in Rapid City, USA? Or is he a quack?

    I'm not clear on the point of getting diagnosed if there is no cure. I already know what to do to manage the pain, etc.

    What are the negatives of having this procedure? Is everyone doing it to diagnose because they don’t know of an alternative? Is everyone actually making worse. Someone mentioned they have had 33 distention’s. That reminds me of blood letting during the medieval period of history.

    I get the impression from reading the Internet that there is a lot of guessing going on.

    I don't want to go through the horrific pain and do more damage to my bladder if all I get is a title for my pain afterwards.

    Could anyone please shed some light on the above?

    Thank You
    Jennifer Lee Jones
    Please email me directly
    [email protected]

    [This message has been edited by ICNDonna (edited 10-11-2000).]