voiding problems ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• voiding problems ?

okay i went and talked to my friend who is also a internist. i told him all the diagnosis and treatments i have had in two years. basically we just sat down and went over everything about my bladder problems. after much thought he thinks i have voiding problems and i don't empty the bladder everytime i go. this leads to urine sitting in the bladder and then infections.
    i have had two infections confirmed since nov.
    well i finished a round of septra ds a week ago and yesterday felt the old symptoms of burning when urinate. i did the home test and it was positive again.
    i have really had it up to my eyeballs with this.
    he suggested charting the infections and if i keep getting them frequently to go on the low dose anti's because of the voiding problems.
    i am already on flowmax for this.
    i just don't know if the anti didn't get rid of the infection or what. they ususally don't come on this fast.
    oh and the black dots in my urine i had examined by a pathologist. he says that i need a cysto right away to rule out a protrusion in the bladder what ever that means. he thinks the dots are coming from something else.
    i haven't talked to the internist yet about this, he seems to think its from urine thats been in the bladder too long.
    well i went back on the voiding diary. the past two nights i have voided 700 cc at a time.
    this is really wierd. i guess i do have a voiding problem. does anyone know what treatment you do for this. i am going to make an appt. with my uro today. i don't know when i'll get in though. the internist thinks i need to go back to her and start the pt right away.
    i really need opinions about this. please help.

i forgot to add that i have had the urodynamics test done and i did void completely.

Comment

Hi
      Wow 700cc is alot to put out each time.Most of us put out smaller amounts. I was going to suggest pelvic floor therapy. Maybe your muscles arent relaxing enough to let you empty all the way. But if that was the case you think you would be putting out smaller amounts I would guess.I still would go for the pelvic floor therapy. Do you get alot of back pain? Just curious. I have done pft. I have problems with frequency also.-JOJO

Comment

this just happened for 2 nights in a row and i thought it was really wierd. i have done the void log and i am usually around 400 cc sometimes more sometimes less. i did get my culture back and they said the usual i had a little infection but not enough to justify antibiotics.
        well i called the internist and talked to him. his response was well in your bladder that maybe enough to cause discomfort. he knows my history and is a personal friend of my husband and i.
        he recommended going to a new uro and starting over. he may see something in the spincter muscle that know one else has picked up. he feels like it has to be in this muscle because of the split stream-sometimes i might have 3 going at once. i think i'm getting to obsessed over this,but it is my body and this is really getting on my nerves.
        anyway he said to finish this round of antibiotics and i will probably have to go on the low dose because of the urine staying in the bladder. he's afraid i'll start having kidney problems and i already have my left kidney not functioning 100%

Comment

I want to pee that much [img]biggrin.gif[/img] I am doing a voiding chart now for the next two weeks, he gave me that lil 4oz (120 cc cup) I haven't filled that up one time. but, I guess I could with 2 or 3 voids. I have an ifection and I am having to force my self to go [img]mad.gif[/img] I know you know what I mean [img]wink.gif[/img] any way I feel like I got to pee all the time [img]frown.gif[/img]
          I am glad that you can void so much. maybe one day I will too [img]smile.gif[/img]
          'The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.'

Comment

Working...
          X