X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is urin test AVAILABLE?

They already know how to:

http://www.urotoday.com/49/browse_ca..._severity.html

This would be A LOT easier than the cysto/hydro or PST...
    (Added by ICNMgrJill on 5/19/08. I am sad to share that Verdicries (aka Tracy) lost her life in a tragic accident just a few days ago. We will miss her support, her encouragement, her sense of humor and, of course, the joy that she found as a mother and wife).

Tracy ~ 29 years old with Toxoplasmosis (from birth), Fibro/CFS (since age 13...ouch), severe IC, IBS-D, severe PFD (surgery made it even worse), vulvodynia, hiatal hernia, GERD, ulcers, severe gastritis, numbness/tingling in extremeties, pelvic nerve damage--mainly urethral, urinary retention, pelvic reconstruction 7.10.07 (fixed rectocele, rectal prolapse, lifted bladder, urethra, uterus, and repaired vaginal walls), Raynaud's, 2 severely herniated discs in neck and one in low back, anemia, PCOS, anxiety/depression/panic attacks (since forever). Still having major bowel problems (inability to empty rectum...any ideas?? ).

I'd like to be on House, MD as a medical mystery.

Married to Craig, a saint amongst men...who puts up with me and my eccentricities...

Connor & Mommy by the tree:

Connor with Santa...so happy!

I take: LIQUID Atarax, Flomax, Soma (yet again), acidophilus, Glucosamine/Chondroitin with MSM & collagen, d-mannose. MAJOR flare from Cystoprotek! Re-trying freeze dried aloe vera w/some decent results!

Tried and failed: Elavil, Ultram, Prosed DS, Benadryl, Bentyl, Valium, Ativan, Zanaflex, Librax, Sanctura (all caused retention among other things), bladder instills (owwwwww!), Elmiron (allergic-throat tightening). Failed Interstim-no feeling in sacral nerves...

I'm allergic to penicillan, sulfa, reglan, quinolones, clindamycin, and now LATEX!

Comment

they have been working on it for at least 25 years that I know of, hopwfully they will finally make a break thru. But I still would want a hydro cysto done to see what and how bad my bladder is.
      'The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.'

Comment

We've been reading about this one for a long time. Hopefully one day soon it will prove to be an accurate test in most, if not all cases.

Donna
        Stay safe

Elmiron Eye Disease Information Center - https://www.ic-network.com/elmiron-p...mation-center/
        Elmiron Eye Disease Fact Sheet (Downloadable) - https://www.ic-network.com/wp-conten...nFactSheet.pdf

Have you checked the ICN Shop?
        Click on ICN Shop at the top of this page. You'll find Bladder Builder and Bladder Rest, both of which we are finding have excellent results.

Patient Help: http://www.ic-network.com/patientlinks.html

Sub-types https://www.ic-network.com/five-pote...markably-well/

Diet list: https://www.ic-network.com/interstitial-cystitis-diet/

AUA Guidelines: https://www.ic-network.com/aua-guide...tial-cystitis/

I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
        [3MG]

Anyone who says something is foolproof hasn't met a determined fool

Comment

Thank you for posting this, Tip and IBS, this is very interesting, and gives me hope that we'll soon have a urinary test for IC and for the severity of our symptoms! This could be very useful, because sometimes a few doctors don't seem to believe some of us when we report how severe our IC is. This could serve as a usual, numerical value rather than a subjective report from a patient. Doctors often seem most comfortable believing lab values, rather than believing reports from patients, regarding pain.

Blessings,
          Lori

Comment

Originally posted by tigger_gal View Post
            they have been working on it for at least 25 years that I know of, hopwfully they will finally make a break thru. But I still would want a hydro cysto done to see what and how bad my bladder is.
            I'm kinda freak out to let anything enter my urethra.I did it once in the past to test for STD with a loooong Q-tips.It was ridiculous in term of pain.

After 25 years,that's nuts it's not available!

Comment

Ouch, Tip, I have heard that test is excruciating. The cysto/hydro isn't so bad, believe me. It's a very smooth tube that goes in so it doesn't "rough up" the urethra nearly as much.

It's true that you still have burning when you urinate after a cysto, but they can give you pyridium (that stuff that turns your urine orange) to help with that, and it goes away within a few hours.

Anyway, my experience at least has been that a cysto/hydro isn't so bad at all. I usually get the burning the first few times I urinate, and then I get a flareup for a week or so, but then I get a remission for a couple of weeks usually, so it all kind of averages out.

But don't worry, if you ever have to have a cysto, it's not nearly as bad as that test you are talking about.

Blessings,
              Lori

Comment

Thanks IClory.I see you have been around for a while,nice to see you feel normal with the instillations.

I will do what i need to get better.
                Last edited by Tip and IBS; 04-14-2007, 01:32 PM.

Comment

I need urine test for IC

Hi girls,
                  did some doctor tell you WHEN a urine test for IC (based on APF or whatever else) will be available? I have been told "several years", but I would like to know exactly WHEN. I have IC sintoms, but under Hydro my bladder (700 cc) shows no emorragies, so some doctor say I don't have IC, some I have it.
                  I NEED AN ACCURATE TEST!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

25 years! Wow, I can't believe they have been working on it for long and it still isn't available. How wonderful it would be for IC if it was.
                    ~Laura

There can not be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.

March 2006 IC tested positive

current treatments for IC:
                    Zoloft 100mg
                    Prelief
                    tramadol hcl 50mg (4-8 per day)
                    diphenhydramine (1 nightly)
                    elavil 25mg, Just started Nov 11

additional meds for pain if needed:
                    darvacet
                    loratab
                    percocet
                    tried Elmiron for over year and didn't see much of a change, gained weight

Also take Lisinolpril for high blood pressure

Other conditions:
                    IBS '93
                    depression '94
                    stomach ulcers '95
                    Mitral Valve Prolaspe Syndrome '01
                    Migraines since childhood
                    Chronic Fatique '03

It's not the number of years in your life that matter but rather the life in your years.

Comment

Mlch,i voted for you #2 ,you're

Comment

Originally posted by Tip and IBS View Post
                        Mlch,i voted for you #2 ,you're

Thank you thank you! Please vote everyday if you have time!
                        ~Laura

There can not be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.

March 2006 IC tested positive

current treatments for IC:
                        Zoloft 100mg
                        Prelief
                        tramadol hcl 50mg (4-8 per day)
                        diphenhydramine (1 nightly)
                        elavil 25mg, Just started Nov 11

additional meds for pain if needed:
                        darvacet
                        loratab
                        percocet
                        tried Elmiron for over year and didn't see much of a change, gained weight

Also take Lisinolpril for high blood pressure

Other conditions:
                        IBS '93
                        depression '94
                        stomach ulcers '95
                        Mitral Valve Prolaspe Syndrome '01
                        Migraines since childhood
                        Chronic Fatique '03

It's not the number of years in your life that matter but rather the life in your years.

Comment

Working...
                        X