Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roxie2007
    replied
    HI! I've been seeing a Rheumatologist since March. From the first symptoms I had he thought I had Polymyalgia (tho I didn't have a low sed rate or rash) You might ask your dr. about Polymyalgia, sounds like you have a lot of the symptoms. Check it out on Google. Roxie

Leave a comment:

• Debgail
    replied
    I think our bodies definately know where our inflamation is ...even if we dont know. I also have had my Dr tell me that altho sed rate shows inflamation it does not tell WHERE in the body it is. My sed rate recently was 80. Normal is between0-20. I have my ic pain/inflamation and also subacute thyroiditis and a cyst that is being biopsied soon. Without my current thyroid situation my sed rate has been 49, at which time my ONLY complaint was my bladder. So for me,I think my sed rate is definately caused by my bladder. Hope this helps!

Leave a comment:

• Romans8:28
    replied
    That is very possible.
    the problem was when they did my sed rate test, I was on lots of anti-inflammatories and antiotics. My sed rate was 0, but I was in a flare and it was the first day of my cycle. The Gp's office called to tell me I had no signs of inflammation or infection any where in my body...,( but I had been running a low grade fever for 6 weeks and was in a lot of pain.) "Ï thought I wish someone would notify my body of that.

That is the whole point. It can show inflammation and infection but it doesn't always especially if someone is on alot of medications that can make the test inaccurate,

Since my Uro increased my antibiotic my fever is gone and the flank pain is almost gone too!

Shelly

Leave a comment:

• sacausa
    replied
    I've always had an elevated sed rate, my gp says it is because IC

Leave a comment:

replied
    Wanted to post some things I found out, in case other's are given this test. Thankfully my URo did not put much trust in it and treated me any way. Just hope my Gp is as open on Wed...., various blimps:

I agree with the other doctors you asked-- it is likely that the sed rate would be higher than one if you were infected. But I've seen normal sed rates in HIV+s and 1 is a normal sed rate, so if you are concerned that you may be infected you should not rely on a test as non-specific as this.

And here is an interesting link!http://www.arthritisinsight.com/medical/tests/esr.html

Shelly

Factors that can interfere with your test and the accuracy of the results include:

Pregnancy.
    Anemia.
    If you are having your menstrual period.
    Age. Sed rates normally increase with age.
    Medications, such as corticosteroids, nonsteroidal anti-inflammatories (NSAIDs), heparin, birth control pills, procainamide, theophylline, vitamin A, aspirin, quinine, methotrexate, tamoxifen, some antibiotics, and some anticonvulsants.

Leave a comment:

started a topic sed. rate and CDC, & IC

sed. rate and CDC, & IC

My Doc office just did a sed rate and CDC since I have been running a low grade fever for 6 weeks. They just called and said there is NO SIGN OF INFECTION OR INFLAMMATION ANY WHERE IN MY BODy??? I wish somebody would tell my body that!

OK, I know we have a low level chronic infection, two kidneys full of stones and IC..., not to mention my cycle started that day??

What does a sed rate show incomparision to IC. I did just call Jil quickly and ask if a sed. rate and CDC would show IC if you are taking nautral anti-inflammaroties and antibiotics???? She said not at all but was on a call...

I also ask the lab and they did not know how those things would effect the test!

Does any one have any input or suggestions, link to info etc.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Shelly
Working...
X