Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urodynamic Testing

Went and saw my dr today and he is sending me to have Urodynamic Testing
    done. Then he mentioned that if it is the way he thinks it is surgery will help fix the problem. I really do not want another surgery.
    symptoms: Pain, frequency, pressure
    triggers: stress, intercourse, soda, coffee, tomato sauces, artificial sweetners, msg , soy & scar tissue
    treatments: D-Mannoose supplement
    Diet free of wheat, soy, and dairy.
    Surgeries:
    4 laproscopies: 3 cystscopies, 2 w/ hydrodistention: breast reduction and revision:2 sinus surgeries
    Diagnosed with IC,IBS, PFD,TMJ (2012), endometriosis, dry eyes(2012), chronic sinus problems, allergies, multiple chemical sensitivity, adhesions, anxiety, depression,
    spinal problems(2012) Fibromyalgia (2012) adrenal fatigue (2012)

What surgery is he recommending? I was under the impression there is truely no cure for IC. I had UroDynamics 1 and 2 but it was done in the office. Hydrodistension is done under anestesia... having that on March 3 but i will already be in surgery so..

Is that what they want to do? I am new to this so forgive me for asking.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tiff
    Newly DXed with IC. Long time sufferer of gluten sensitivity, IBS, Celiac, pelvic floor dysfunction and prolapse.

Comment

Oh by the way, I too had reduction AND a scar revision a year later. That stunk!!
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tiff
      Newly DXed with IC. Long time sufferer of gluten sensitivity, IBS, Celiac, pelvic floor dysfunction and prolapse.

Comment

He wants to do the test first and then talk about it more after the test. we think that there is more going on that just the Ic. He knows that I do not want to have any more surgeries. I am thinking that I may need a bladder surgery or sling. Or maybe the adhesions are back.

How did your recovery go from your reduction/revision?
        Mine has been a long road...

Good luck on your upcoming surgery.

April
        triggers: stress, intercourse, soda, coffee, tomato sauces, artificial sweetners, msg , soy & scar tissue
        Surgeries:
        4 laproscopies: 3 cystscopies, 2 w/ hydrodistention: breast reduction and revision:2 sinus surgeries
        Diagnosed with IC,IBS, PFD,TMJ (2012), endometriosis, dry eyes(2012), chronic sinus problems, allergies, multiple chemical sensitivity, adhesions, anxiety, depression,

Comment

April! I found you! I totally forgot your name on here!
          symptoms when in a flare:

I feel everything in my urethra but I know its really my bladder. Pressure, stinging, urgency,tingling feeling thats hard to describe.
          *I have a fibroid on my uterus near my bladder.

Medication
          100mg Amitripyline ( I have seriously gained almost 50lbs on this drug but I feel it works)
          Flexoril 10mg (doesn't work)
          Hydrocodone 5/325 PRN
          Cetalopram 40mg *severe anxiety over flare

Physical therapy hasnt really helped but I love her! I've learned so much! She states that my muscles around
          My urethra are very tight.

currently seeing a Gyn in my town and a Uro in Seattle (4 hrs away)

I have had lots of long term remissions. Currently been struggling with good & bad days since Jan 2012

find me on Facebook! Brandy Schildknecht Covington

Comment

You did find me
            Surgeries:

Comment

Working...
            X