No announcement yet.

Bladder scan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wouldn't worry too much about getting more UTI's, yes you may get more they probably won't be a problem for you if you have been being cathed for a while and not gotten them it proablay was just from being run down post surgery, or you picked it up during surgery and it just brewed along for a while till something made the bacteria start getting to be more.

I could not hold for more than 1 hour I am sure so I think it is great you can do 3 hours.

Take care MG
    My are with you all. May you all find a way to peace and joy in your lives.

Comment

Thanks MG. When I used to get cathed, I only had to hold them 1 hour but I would try for 90 mins or 2 hours just to really get the best benefit. I was shocked when I was told this new protocol is 4 hours. No way. 3 hours is SOOO difficult, especially in the middle of the day. I even get up for breakfast and don't drink water or milk or tea or anything - just sips for toothbrushing and pill-taking. Still can't make it.

I do think it is helping and I do hope this UTI was sort of a one time thing. I seem to get them about once every year or two these days - 15-20 years ago it was 4-6 a year. I still have it hard-wired into my brain about all the things to avoid a UTI, including jumping up right after being intimate and using the bathroom. I used to think it had something to do with my partners because I have been married twice and had a couple of relationships where I seemed to get many more UTIs, but now that I look back at it, I realize that the relationships with higher incidence of UTIs were also much more stressful relationships, and maybe were IC flares, instead. Funny how we're wired, isn't it?

Have a good evening, MG -

Steph
      Stephanie
      GutThinking.com

Dx's
      2011 - Adenomyosis (172g uterus), Ovarian Cysts
      2007 - Endometriosis, Interstitial Cystitis
      2004 - celiac disease/autoimmune gluten intolerance
      2004 - migraines
      1999 - Nightshade intolerance
      Sciatica, thoracic and cervical disk problems
      Separated shoulder (a/c joint)
      Positive ANA since 1990

Treatments

6/30/2011 - total hysterectomy (vaginal, lap assisted)
      9/15/2010 - first instill (heparin, lidocaine, sodium bicarbonate) - adding Elmiron for the rest of the series (still doing this, 2 the week before my period)
      11/2010 - Uterine ablation with hopes it would calm down abdominal activity - didn't work

Meds
      Desert Harvest aloe vera
      valium
      vicodin
      Vivelle Dot .1
      ibuprofen
      Imitrex
      Singulair

Comment

Originally posted by nottoc4 View Post
        I had that test done and it was called an ultrasound. It's uncomfortable for everyone because you have to drink and fill the bladder and hold it. That was early on in my trying to "diagnose the problem" era. I also had a test where I had to pee into a special potty that was hooked up to a computer measuring what came out and the human tester was sitting right there. I could hardly let anything out,just from the embarassment of it. I'm not sure what that test was called.
        Neither of the tests were painful.
        Nottoc - I'm sorry, I didn't see your message before. At any rate, that sounds pretty much like the test I had to take, but I got a little privacy during my urination and I was so ready to go anyway that it wasn't difficult. Though it was uncomfortable - perhaps because I had a UTI as well.

Thanks for your description -

Steph
        Stephanie
        GutThinking.com

Dx's
        2011 - Adenomyosis (172g uterus), Ovarian Cysts
        2007 - Endometriosis, Interstitial Cystitis
        2004 - celiac disease/autoimmune gluten intolerance
        2004 - migraines
        1999 - Nightshade intolerance
        Sciatica, thoracic and cervical disk problems
        Separated shoulder (a/c joint)
        Positive ANA since 1990

Treatments

6/30/2011 - total hysterectomy (vaginal, lap assisted)
        9/15/2010 - first instill (heparin, lidocaine, sodium bicarbonate) - adding Elmiron for the rest of the series (still doing this, 2 the week before my period)
        11/2010 - Uterine ablation with hopes it would calm down abdominal activity - didn't work

Meds
        Desert Harvest aloe vera
        valium
        vicodin
        Vivelle Dot .1
        ibuprofen
        Imitrex
        Singulair

Comment

Working...
        X