urodynamics test

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• urodynamics test

Anyone have this test done and is it painful. Have been reading some posts about it and it sounds awful. I have incomplete bladder voiding, so this is what the dr ordered.

Is there anything else you can do if you are not emptying besides self cath. Any info would be appreciated.

Re: urodynamics test

My urologist's office scans my bladder after I urinate. They have an instrument that they rub around on my lower abdomen and it tells us how much urine is left there. It's painless.

Donna
    Stay safe

Have you checked the ICN Shop?
    Click on ICN Shop at the top of this page. You'll find Bladder Builder and Bladder Rest, both of which we are finding have excellent results.

Patient Help: http://www.ic-network.com/patientlinks.html

Sub-types https://www.ic-network.com/five-pote...markably-well/

Diet list: https://www.ic-network.com/interstitial-cystitis-diet/

AUA Guidelines: https://www.ic-network.com/aua-guide...tial-cystitis/

I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
    [3MG]

Anyone who says something is foolproof hasn't met a determined fool

Comment

Originally posted by ICNDonna View Post
      My urologist's office scans my bladder after I urinate. They have an instrument that they rub around on my lower abdomen and it tells us how much urine is left there. It's painless.

Donna
      Is there anything else you can do to empty your bladder besides self cath?

Comment

For me I tried alpha blocker's, Flowmax, used for men with prostate problems.

For me the flowmax brand caused me retention, and another brand I was anaphylaxis reaction too.
        My are with you all. May you all find a way to peace and joy in your lives.

Comment

I posted previously, the test is really not that bad.

My understanding is they do this test to see why your bladder is not emptying. Hence maybe what treatment will help.

Comment

I chose not to have this test done. In my eyes if they know you are not completely emptying your bladder why do they need to do the test? Like Donna says you can see that on an ultrasound which is what I did instead.
            UTI 3/2015
            IC ,PFD
            prescribed meds: Endep 60mg, Elmiron 400mg, BC. Enablex 7.5mg.

Supplements: Chitomur peptide, colostrum, Echinacea, liver detox swisse, calcium citrate, glucosamine, Psyllium Husk.

Daily diet: Breakkie- oats with chia seeds and no fat milk. Post workout-turkey breast with mixed veggies. Lunch-raw green soup with rye roll and handful of peanuts/almonds. Dinner- changes but meat and veg. Dessert-banana and sugar free custard (homemade) or banana and apple bake with almonds cinnamon and honey with a dollop of coconut cream.

Tried: tramadol, cystoprotek, multi right, diazepam, vesicare, Ditropan, mirabegron, Flomax, lyrica, progesterone.

Comment

I've just seen what Mothergoose had to say , whoops, so they can see "why" you're not emptying. Sounds correct.
              UTI 3/2015
              IC ,PFD
              prescribed meds: Endep 60mg, Elmiron 400mg, BC. Enablex 7.5mg.

Supplements: Chitomur peptide, colostrum, Echinacea, liver detox swisse, calcium citrate, glucosamine, Psyllium Husk.

Daily diet: Breakkie- oats with chia seeds and no fat milk. Post workout-turkey breast with mixed veggies. Lunch-raw green soup with rye roll and handful of peanuts/almonds. Dinner- changes but meat and veg. Dessert-banana and sugar free custard (homemade) or banana and apple bake with almonds cinnamon and honey with a dollop of coconut cream.

Tried: tramadol, cystoprotek, multi right, diazepam, vesicare, Ditropan, mirabegron, Flomax, lyrica, progesterone.

Comment

I was told in some cases they can see why.

By seeing which muscle are not contracting, or the order they are contracting, how hard the contractions are, if you bladder us spasmaming randomly therefore not pushing urine out.

Maybe I was told wrong.

I had the test Donna spoke about many many times, All's this test showed that after voiding I still X amount if urine left in my bladder.

I say again this test is not as bad as it seems, they use very small catheters, and go very slowly, or at least in my case. I did tell the nurse how nervous I was because if pain.

I was sorer for a few days, but no where near as bad as after, cysto it hydro.

Comment

Thank you for the info. I'm having this test done tomorrow. Hope they can offer me a solution. Don't think I could self Cath. Also have dropped bladder. Was using a pessiary but dr took it out. Don't know if I'm getting infections because of the dropped bladder or from retention. Thanks for your help

Comment

Maybe both, are you on prophalatic antibiotic's, they really helped me to ward off UTI's.

Comment

I do take a probiotic mothergoose. The technician that did the test indicated that I didn't retain too much and there were no spasms. See the Dr on Tuesday for results. If everything is ok, then it has to be my prolapse d bladder. When I'm off my feet I'm ok, but when instand I always have to go. It's really getting to me.

Comment

Let me know what results are. It us a good thing that you are not retaining much, and that your bladder is not spasmaming.

I am not familiar with prolapse's

Comment

Originally posted by Mothergoose View Post
                          Let me know what results are. It us a good thing that you are not retaining much, and that your bladder is not spasmaming.

I am not familiar with prolapse's
                          I met with the Dr today. My bladder is fine and I'm not retaining any fluid. My bladder is . prolapse d. Dr will send report to my gym. He suggested surgery or if I want I can try biofeedback or she can try a pessiary. I'm going to explore all other options before I go for surgery. Thanks for your help.

Comment

Working...
                          X