Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• update

Hey it's me again,

I'm so scared about everything... so, so scared. I've been on Macrobid for the last 2 and a half months to supposedly fix my chronic cystitis. Some times it hurts when I pee and sometimes it doesn't. I made another visit today to my regular doctor and I've now been diagnosed with chronic yeast infections... I've now been referred to a gynocologist and I've been told to go off the Macrobid until my Uro gets back which is on Monday since it could be causing my yeast infections. I'm so scared... and I probably sound like a baby but I'm so young and frightened. I keep praying that it will just go away and not be IC. I've only been to my Uro twice... told me I had chronic cystitis and that I had a narrow urethra but wanted to try and fix it with meds instead of other things. I'm SOOOO scared.. I'm afraid that if it doesn't get better I will have to go through all the procedures... dilation of the urethra, cystoscopy, etc. I don't know if I could do that...I'm so scared... I cry every day... I just pray and pray.

fallentears
    *Every beginning has an end*
    My pain had a beginning... so it has to have an end - right?

I wish I was still that young girl who smiled at everyone. That young girl who was carefree, painless, and adventerous. I wish I was that young girl that I used to be... happy and proud of who she was. I wish. Skinned knees are so much easier then broken hearts and real pain.

Hi FallenTears,

I'm sorry your going through all of this. I really hope '04 is better for you and that things look up soon. We are all here for you. kissing

Hugs and love,
    Jess grouphug
    Mommy to 2 crazy, wonderful kids and wife to the most amazing man in the world!

Comment

Hugs to you (((fallen tears))))). I am sorry things are so difficult for you. I understand the fear, I want to promise you we will be hear to help you through whatever the future holds. I hope all improves for you.
      Faith, Hope, and Love,
      Katrina

I believe God is using me. He uses me for God. Things I gain from all my suffering are meant to help others. I hope I can help you too. Email me or start a chat if you like my help or anything. I CARE!Illnesses: IC,IBS, IBD, GERD, PFD, Epilepsy, Endo, Allergies, RLM,Rapid heart beat, low blood pressure,Gastritis,Gall stones,Tendonitis,migraines, Shingles, Prolapsed pouch,ext. fatigue (current problem) I have seen periods of remission and I have seen them end and return. At this time remission is over and working on getting it back!

IC Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
      or find me on facebook http://www.facebook.com/kat671?ref=profile
      Be the Miracle! & Pay it Forward!

[email protected] please contact me...I am here to help!

Comment

I do hope you start to feel better soon!
        grouphug grouphug kissing

Cali
        Cali

Comment

I'm so sorry to hear that you're not well and that you're between diagnoses, treatments, etc. (the uncertainty can be so difficult sometimes). But, you're not alone. Folks on these boards are very caring and supportive (plus, so many people have gone through so much that, if you stop by often, you might read about ideas and options that have never occurred to you). Sending you warm, supportive, and healing thoughts, little bear

Comment

I totally understand how scary it is to think about having tests and procedures done. But --- it could be that you would feel much better if you went ahead with them. And you may find they aren't as bad as you anticipate.

I hope you will get some answers when you see your doctors.

Warm healing thoughts,
            Donna
            Stay safe

Elmiron Eye Disease Information Center - https://www.ic-network.com/elmiron-p...mation-center/
            Elmiron Eye Disease Fact Sheet (Downloadable) - https://www.ic-network.com/wp-conten...nFactSheet.pdf

Have you checked the ICN Shop?
            Click on ICN Shop at the top of this page. You'll find Bladder Builder and Bladder Rest, both of which we are finding have excellent results.

Patient Help: http://www.ic-network.com/patientlinks.html

Sub-types https://www.ic-network.com/five-pote...markably-well/

Diet list: https://www.ic-network.com/interstitial-cystitis-diet/

AUA Guidelines: https://www.ic-network.com/aua-guide...tial-cystitis/

I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
            [3MG]

Anyone who says something is foolproof hasn't met a determined fool

Comment

I can honestly say I think i know exactly how you feel. The emotions and the "not knowing" were the worst part of this for me. You have the courage and the strength to find a solution to this, an effective treatment that will make you feel better. Don't let that fear get in the way of feeling good again. If one thing doesn't work then try another, if one doctor doesn't work then try another. Keep trying and your prayers will be answered. Please keep us posted. Thinking of you!!

Success

Comment

grouphug grouphug grouphug Praying for you and hoping you will feel better soon.
                Hang in there , There is hope.
                There is hope. Prayer works.

Love, Debbie

Comment

My fear was incapacitating in the beginning. Although i never had any tests on my bladder, my doctor seems to think it is PFD. This is purely based on what he saw in my symptoms and the journal i kept. He did mention that it could be IC....very, very mild but he doubts it. I was put on Macrobid (pediatric dose) and i was told that this would not cause any yeast infections. Macrobid goes directly to the bladder...no side effects to other organs or regions. I have been fine and it has been almost 1 month on macrobid. I would question the reason you are getting yeast infections. I would also like to reassure you that your fears will eventually calm down and you will accept whatever it is that you have. You will be treated properly and begin to get better. I hope things are brighter for you and less painful for you in 2004.
                  And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age. Matthew 28:20

Peace, Donna

Comment

i know this is alot to handle at such a young age but if you go ahead with this and its mild you may be able to live a normal life again soon.
                    we are here for you. grouphug
                    Medicine taken daily or as needed:
                    1. Heaprin and Marcaine rescue installment 1 to 3x daily as needed.
                    2. MS.Cotin 100mg 3x daily
                    3. MSIR 30mg 1 or 2 every 4-6hrs as needed for breakthrew pain.
                    4. Fentanyl 100 mg Change every 48hrs.
                    5. Gentamicin 80mg install after each rescue treatment
                    5 Leviquin 500mg self start as needed.
                    6. Klonopin 1 or 2 daily as needed.
                    7. Prosed/DS as 1 every 6hrs as needed.

I have IC, but IC doesn't have me anymore!

Comment

FallenTears,

I can't add much more to what the others have said. I can agree with the fact that the tests weren't as bad as I thought and once you have them done you'll get a definite diagnosis and then treatment can begin if it is IC. I pray for you that it isn't.

I do know the feelings your having.
                      Try to stay positive and remember that life doesn't end with IC.
                      kissing
                      Erin
                      [email protected]

Comment

Hi Fallen tears, I too agree wth all that the gals have posted. I know it is very scary when you do not know what is going on, I am sure we have all felt that way at the beginning. If you have the tests done, then you will really find out what is happening, and can start on th right meds to help you feel better. I know you are young, and it is all scary, but we are all here to give you support, help, and know that you are not alone, you have us to support you in any way we can. Take care and let us know how you are doing, hugs Iris hi kissing grouphug
                        Today and every day you are loved, so don't be anxious about tomorrow, God will take care of you tomorrow; Live one day at a time.

Comment

Working...
                        X