Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DawnForth
    replied
    Interestingly enough, I've read several articles that disputes what I stated earlier. Most of the time the irritation is not a yeast build-up/infection at all, just vaginosis.

Leave a comment:

• mayray518
    replied
    itching

it could be vaginosis

Leave a comment:

• DawnForth
    replied
    Yeast Build-up

I would agree with the fact that yeast builds up in your body.

Back around Christmas, I had an itch as well and assumed it was a yeast infection. I took the prescription pill one day treatment and it took a week to clear. Since then I've had mild episodes - but nothing like what I had during Christmas. I think my body is reacting to the surplus of yeast, but corrects itself causing mild symptoms.

Leave a comment:

• sweetz0625
    replied
    I actually have itching quite often on the outer layer down there. But I have gotten tested for yeast and a uti. But they both came back negative, so I dont know what it is. Oh well, maybe its vulvodynia. I just hope this medicine will start working. Elmiron

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    replied
    It's probably the panty liners. I agree with Sandy --- try some without deodorant.

Donna

Leave a comment:

• SandyRN
    replied
    Always use pantiliners, pads, and tampons that do not have any added perfumes or deodorants. That can cause LOTS of irritation for many women. Just a thought.

Leave a comment:

• leelee88
    replied
    Sounds like you are having a reaction to something.. Have you changed soaps, or laundry detergent, or shampoo anything could be causing it.. I had washed my panties with te towels one time and I used bleach..
    BIG MISTAKE!! I will never let that happen again..

Leave a comment:

• smallkate101
    replied
    Thanks for the ideas. The itching is everywhere in the pubic area, from the very front to the very back also. Does anyone use pantyliners? Could these cause problems?

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    replied
    You didn't say where the itching is. If it's in the pubic area it could easily be something as simple as soap --- or even toilet tissue. Are you wearing cotton underpants? You might try double rinsing your clothes to be sure the soap is gone, be sure you are using plain white, unscented toilet tissue, and if you're taking tub baths, try showering for a while to see if that helps.

Donna

Leave a comment:

• Smokey
    replied
    a few weeks back I had an itchy feeling in my bladder, got tested for a uti and a yeast infection all came back negative. then i started to read some posts on yeast build up. yeast can actually start to build in your body. I started to take inner health plus(probiotic) and itch went away.

Leave a comment:

• smallkate101
    started a topic Itching?

Itching?

Hi everyone,
    does anyone experience itching and burning? For about the last week or two I've been having it pretty bad. It's not in the vaginal area so it's not a yeast infection.
Working...
X