No announcement yet.

all new to me...

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • ICNDonna
    You'll want to eventually see a urologist to be diagnosed, but you really should see a gyn regularly as well.

    Advil and other ibuprofen type drugs are a problem for many ICers so you might want to thing of another alternative. It could be actually increasing your pain.


    Leave a comment:

  • geel
    You sound alot like me when I first started experiencing symptoms. Pain esp during, then after period. Summer of 06 was miserable!! What tipped off my ob/gyn was micro blood in urine. But it still took 9 months to diagnosis. Do see your gyn, because we should all visit them on a regular basis and definitely insist on more extensive testing from your uro. I've read on here, and now know for a fact that IC can only be diagnosised with a hydrodistention and cytoscope (sp?). This network is wonderful and brought me much comfort while I searched for answers.... so visit often, hopefully it can do the same for you. Hoping you better days ahead! Ellen

    Diagnosised Feb 2007
    Elmiron 100mg 3times a day
    Last edited by geel; 03-02-2007, 04:03 PM.

    Leave a comment:

  • zanne
    started a topic all new to me...

    all new to me...


    I don't really know what I have but my symptons are almost exactly what some of these threads I am reading, I could of wrote them myself. I have been struggling on and off with pelvic pain for about a year now, in the last few months it has gotten worse, I used to have about 7 days in a month that I felt really good, now I am down to about 1 or 2. I have constant pelvic pressure/heaviness and a tingling sensation. After my period is over I start with this pressure (pelvic) and it last for about 7-10 days, it has become longer in the last few months, I am getting to the point where I can't function and can't enjoy life in general, I got to work and get through my day as best as I can, but that is about it, forget going out and having a good time, what is that? I can't remember the last time I woke up and felt really good. I have made an appt with my Gyn, is that who I should be seeing about this or a Urologist. I do have one since I have a deformed ureter and I have mentioned this pressure to him and he just kind of ignored me. I think alot of DRs think that this is all in my head. I take advil for the pain and just try to lay down alot and rest, it seems it hurts more when standing. Unfortunately my job entails standing and alot of lifting.

    Is there hope for me to live a painfree/pressure free life. Any insight would be very much appreciated, what can I tell my Dr, I am sure they will do all kinds of ultrasounds and such, which I have had in the past and they find nothing wrong with me. Can a person with this live life normally and painfree?

    Thanks for any positive reinforcement, I am at the end of my rope. This is very depressing.