Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jiriji
    replied
    By the way, Roxie, where do you get MSM gel? I tried lots of places without success.

~jiriji~

Leave a comment:

• jiriji
    replied
    How embarrassing, i've given you both the wrong idea because i did not read and edit my original post

What it should have said was that Sprite is the one soft drink that DOES NOT give me problems lol.

Thank you for the replies. It looks like i may be alone on this... always wanted to be unique

~jiriji~

Leave a comment:

• Roxie2007
    replied
    HI! I totally agree with Donna. Citric acid is SO SO bad for my bladder.....and for my Barrett's Esophagus. I don't eat or drink anything with citric acid or any night shade foods. They just cause too much pain. Roxie

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    replied
    We have found from experience that citric acid is an irritant to most IC bladders. I've never tried to analyze the reasons --- I just know that if I eat anything containing citric acid, it causes bladder pain. I don't even try sodas any more, including the ones without caffeine. It just isn't worth it!

Donna

Leave a comment:

• jiriji
    started a topic Question about citric acid

Question about citric acid

Okay, i know that anything labelled "acid" can cause bladder irritation, but i've read that citric acid actually makes urine more alkaline - hence the Alka-Seltzer treatment that so often eases UTI symptoms.

Would this be the reason Sprite is the one soda or soft drink that does give me any problems? It contains citric acid but no caffeine. (I'm not too happy about a couple of the other ingredients but they don't seem to be causing any problems for my bladder).

I'm curious about what other people have experienced with citric acid.

~jiriji~

p.s. Not sure if this is the correct area to post this message but can't find anywhere else more suitable.
Working...
X