• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re-post for DZFAN

DZFAN
    IC Friend

new also to ic and first hydro
    hello all..this is my first time on this website. I have had recurrent UTI infections for the past 12 years. I am 29 years old. Yeah to the point that every time i got one I could say 'lets see how about cipro this week..or levaquin or macrobid..which one this month." After my first urologist just gave me Macrobid to take after sex all the time..I finally went to find another doctor and another opinion. My obgyn office had a bladder health lady who asked me if I had ever gotten diagnosed before with IC. I told her no and so she did the potatssium dye on me and did a few rescue therapy treatments on me unitl my urethra was just on fire from the treatments..she told me my urethra was very small and was hard to get anything but an 8 gauge inside me. I finally went and saw my 2nd urologist and had the hydro done this past monday. They told me I could hold up to 800ml of urine in my bladder and for an IC patient she thought that was odd. She did dialate my urethra and told me I would have to come back in about 6months to a year and get it re-dialated. They took all the pictures in the cystocopy and only found just a few small bloody spots. She told me that if I did have IC than it was a small gray area. I am just so unsure if I should get a second opinion or not. I am a flight attendant and you all know how we have to hold our urine at times.
    Kim

Diagnosed August 2001

Current IC meds: Elmiron (since 2001), Levaquin (one pill after intercourse to prevent UTIs), Effexor (for depression & anxiety)

Past IC meds: Amitriptyline (Elavil), Hydroxyzine (Vistaril), Detrol LA, Lexapro (for depression & anxiety, but also helped my IC) (They all helped, but I was able to discontinue them.)

I've been virtually symptom free and able to eat & drink whatever I'd like for about 8 years now.

“We who lived in concentration camps can remember the men who walked through the huts comforting others, giving away their last piece of bread. They may have been few in number, but they offer sufficient proof that everything can be taken from a man but one thing: the last of the human freedoms -- to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one's own way.” ~ Viktor Frankl

“You cannot control what happens to you, but you can control your attitude toward what happens to you, and in that, you will be mastering change rather than allowing it to master you.” ~ Brian Tracy
Working...
X