DZFAN
IC Friend

new also to ic and first hydro
hello all..this is my first time on this website. I have had recurrent UTI infections for the past 12 years. I am 29 years old. Yeah to the point that every time i got one I could say 'lets see how about cipro this week..or levaquin or macrobid..which one this month." After my first urologist just gave me Macrobid to take after sex all the time..I finally went to find another doctor and another opinion. My obgyn office had a bladder health lady who asked me if I had ever gotten diagnosed before with IC. I told her no and so she did the potatssium dye on me and did a few rescue therapy treatments on me unitl my urethra was just on fire from the treatments..she told me my urethra was very small and was hard to get anything but an 8 gauge inside me. I finally went and saw my 2nd urologist and had the hydro done this past monday. They told me I could hold up to 800ml of urine in my bladder and for an IC patient she thought that was odd. She did dialate my urethra and told me I would have to come back in about 6months to a year and get it re-dialated. They took all the pictures in the cystocopy and only found just a few small bloody spots. She told me that if I did have IC than it was a small gray area. I am just so unsure if I should get a second opinion or not. I am a flight attendant and you all know how we have to hold our urine at times.