Great Urology appointment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great Urology appointment

So I saw a Physician Assisant at the Urologist today. Before she even examined me she suggested IC. She seemed extremely knowledgable in her info on it. She prescribed me Atarax and Pyridium to start with. Unfortunately I can take any of the antispasm meds due to stomach problems I have. I am scheduled for a potassium sensitivity test on the 16th. She will also probably do a cystoscopy under sedation in the future. I am so relieved that she and I both thought the same thing.
    Kate in NH
    I have numerous health problems, including endometriosis, IC, pudendal neuralgia, pelvic floor dysfunction, pelvic dyssnergia.
    My meds:
    Seasonale
    Atarax
    Zanaflex
    Elavil
    Lactalose

What wonderful news! :woohoo: Have you started the IC diet. Its in the patient handbook, and that could help take the edge off until they get you on the right combo of meds. By the way, you are so fortunate to have a knowledgeable staff like that. Most of us arn't so lucky. This is great because they already know where there going with this and hopefully you will get releif soon.

Erika
    IC diagnosed officially via cysto/urodynamics 1/26/07

Grade II Endometriosis diagnosed via lap 12/11/07

"Fall down seven times, Stand up eight."

"Life is a tragedy for those who feel and a comedy for those who think."

Current Treatments:
    Interstim Since 5/25/07!
    Birth Control

Comment

Congrats on your great appointment. I am so happy for you.
      Jen

Comment

Oh, I'm glad you realize how lucky you are! So many medical professionals are ignorant about IC, and/or treat IC patients with disdain.

I am so happy for you! Good luck with the tests. Don't forget to report back and let us know what happens!
        Je vous souhaite de la joie, de la bonne santée, et tout ce qu'il y a de bon dans la vie.
        Wishing you happiness and good health, and all the best out of life.

Peace, Carolyn

Laura (11), Susannah (12 1/2) and Maman (that's me!), North Wildwood NJ, September 2007

On the Beach with IC

Comment

Originally posted by humpieumpumkin View Post
          What wonderful news! :woohoo: Have you started the IC diet.
          Erika
          I am already on a low acid diet, which is the same due to my horrible acid reflux, I also started Prelief 2 weeks ago. But thanks for the suggestion.
          Kate in NH
          I have numerous health problems, including endometriosis, IC, pudendal neuralgia, pelvic floor dysfunction, pelvic dyssnergia.
          My meds:
          Seasonale
          Atarax
          Zanaflex
          Elavil
          Lactalose

Comment

So glad you found us. It sure sounds like you are in good hands.
            Kim

Diagnosed August 2001

Current IC meds: Elmiron (since 2001), Levaquin (one pill after intercourse to prevent UTIs), Effexor (for depression & anxiety)

Past IC meds: Amitriptyline (Elavil), Hydroxyzine (Vistaril), Detrol LA, Lexapro (for depression & anxiety, but also helped my IC) (They all helped, but I was able to discontinue them.)

I've been virtually symptom free and able to eat & drink whatever I'd like for about 8 years now.

“We who lived in concentration camps can remember the men who walked through the huts comforting others, giving away their last piece of bread. They may have been few in number, but they offer sufficient proof that everything can be taken from a man but one thing: the last of the human freedoms -- to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one's own way.” ~ Viktor Frankl

“You cannot control what happens to you, but you can control your attitude toward what happens to you, and in that, you will be mastering change rather than allowing it to master you.” ~ Brian Tracy

Comment

Wonderful -- finding a compassionate health care provider is a very important step in getting your symptoms under control!! :woohoo:
              Jen

*Diagnosed with severe IC in 2004
              *Also diagnosed with PFD, fibromyalgia, chronic myofascial pain, IBS, migraines, allergies/asthma, dermatographism
              *Kept trying a million different treatments for all these things until I found what works, and I am doing okay these days with the help of a cocktail of medications and the InterStim, which was first placed in 2007. [I have had 2 revisions - one in 2010 when my battery died and had to be replaced, and one complete replacement (lead and generator) in 2012 after a fall on my stairs caused my lead to move.]
              *Current meds include Atarax (50mg at night), Lyrica (150mg twice a day), Xanax (0.5mg at night and as needed), Zanaflex (4mg at night), hydrocodone (10/325, every 6 hours as needed), Advair, Nasonex, Singulair (10mg at night), oral contraceptives, home instills containing Elmiron and Marcaine (as often as I need to do them).

**I am not a medical authority nor do I offer definitive medical advice. I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

Comment

I really have been blessed with amazing doctors.
                My meds:
                Seasonale
                Atarax
                Zanaflex
                Elavil
                Lactalose

Comment

That is great news, keep us inform.

Comment

Working...
                  X