This Sounds Like Me!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This Sounds Like Me!!!

This link... http://www.medhelp.org/forums/urology/archive/1207.html... the person sounds EXACTLY like me! I spend so much time online, trying to find others that feel this constant, nagging need to pee... but the pain only really happens with my period.

I am on Elmiron... just over 1 week now... and I do feel a tiny bit better. Is is a fluke, less fluid intake... or is the med working... We'll see! I see a uro-gyno PA next week that specializes in IC (this doctor is in high demand and has a long wait list, but they got me in ASAP due to the duration of my symptoms and need to pee without any clinical findings as of yet)... hopefully they will finally give me a diagnosis!.:woohoo:
    [SIZE="1"][B]Be well, Alyssa :hi:[/B]

[

It is strange feeling of relief when you read something like that (or something on here) and you realize you aren't alone. As frustrating as it can be to have a chronic illness, I have to be thankful that I was diagnosed just before we got the internet in our house. It was almost impossible to explain to people what I was going through (mostly because it is bodilyl fluid talk).

Hopefully, one way or another, you will get a diagnosis.

Gentle Hugs,

Julie B
    Julie Beyer, MA, RDN
    IC Dietitian, Patient Advocate, Speaker, & Author

Did you know that up to 94% of interstitial cystitis patients find some symptom relief when they change their diet, and that dietary modification is recommended as a first line treatment for IC? Check out the IC Food List to get started!

Do you need a little more help understanding the IC Diet? Schedule a phone or video coaching session through the ICN Store today.

You can also learn more while supporting the ICN message boards by clicking on these book covers and buying the Confident Choices books from the ICN Store:

........ ........

Other IC Diet Resources:

IC Diet Webinar
    IC Diet Website
    For Health Professionals: Continuing Education About Interstitial Cystitis and Diet
    Free IC Diet Booklet: What Can I Eat?
    Confident Choices IC Diet Blog
    IC Diet Newsletter

*Let's Connect!*

Comment

Working...
    X