No announcement yet.

Hi! I think I've found the right place!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi! I think I've found the right place!

Hello Everyone!
    This week I found this wonderful website and joined! I have been reading your stories and trying to get the hang of how the posts/threads work. Hope I am in the correct place to share my story and ask some questions as well........here goes........Jan. 2001 another bladder infection starts. Called the doctor and started taking meds......however this time they do not work......shocked I called the doctor back and told her - no relief!!! Dr. started me on another antibiotic and then another and then a referral to my ob/gyn......"might be endometriosis". Ob/Gyn referred my to a Urologist due to symptoms- April 2001 had urodynamics and hydrodistention......ouch!! IC ruled out........I did however feel better and symptoms calmed down considerably after @ 3 weeks. Referred back to my ob/gyn. Laporoscopy August 2001 - Diagnosed with Mild Endo..........Decided no treatment because pregnancy was desired........2001-Sept. 2006( I know a long time)lived with some urgency/some frequency/irritated-burning bladder symptoms at times........if only I could get pregnant my symptoms would go away......I was told. Sept 2006 found out I was pregnant......bladder symptoms disappeared.......Oh, what a relief!! June 2007 I finally had a baby boy!!! Three weeks postpartum................................bladder is on fire!!!!!!!!!! Flared for 5 months. Thank goodness for my supportive husband and mother......I think the recurrence of the bladder symptoms were a shock to all of us! Scheduled appnt with Urogynecologist this time.......sounds like PBS......prescribed Elmiron......side effects real bad....can't take. Back to the Urologist.....he wants to do another hydro....started taking Detrol.......did not see any improvement - sharp stomache pains.....in the meantime he prescribed urised......have not taken it yet......Has anyone used this? Also wondering if anyone has had any luck with the mini pill......I was thinking of trying this progesterone only pill since I was in remission while I was pregnant.......any thoughts? I look forward to getting to know all of you and hope to be of help to many of you!
    p.s. what does post a poll with this thread mean?
    Thanks
    Lily
    Lily

Hi Lily and welcome! Can't help you with any of your questions but wanted to say hi.

Comment

I am glad you found us....
      Hugs
      Ronda

ONE Second, ONE Bite, ONE Breath, ONE Pill, ONE Minute, ONE Teardrop, ONE Hour, ONE Sip.. ONE DAY! I will Prevail from this disease! IC Hoping for a Cure!

Link to Patient Handbook:
      http://www.ic-network.com/handbook/

Diet Reference Sheet:
      http://www.ic-network.com/diet/icndi...tsheet0909.pdf

Meds For IC: Lyrica-25mg Glucosamine-500 MSM-500mg, Prosed Ds -When Flaring

Other Meds: Levlite- Continious Birtcontrol, Micardis-40mg for High Blood Pressure

Meds I have Tried:
      Topamax,Tofranil, Elmiron, Atarax, Cymbalta, Elavil, Enablex, Detral La, Prydium.
      Lexapro< Bad reaction to this med!
      Intstills, could not continue them due to some kind of reaction after 3rd instill. Tasted the lidocaine in my mouth, tongue and lips went numb then went into what seemed like a panic attack. Shaking, racing heart, tingling face/head, blood pressure shot up..

Dx With IC in Nov 2006 with Hydro/Cysto
      Hydro/Cysto Caused Bladder to Rupture.

Other Dxs-Vulvodynia,Fibro, Endo, IBS, HPV, Migraines, Spastic Colon, Mild Dysplasia.

ICN Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

Comment

Working...
      X