Started the IC diet today...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Started the IC diet today...

OK, so after having a horrible time yesterday with pizza and coke I decided to try an IC diet type thing. I have illiminated greasy foods and any drink thats not water for now. So far today has been good! Slight retention still and very very mild cramping... much better than I have been doing in a week! I don't know if luck would have it that antibiotics have decided to kick in on the exact day I gave in to this idea, but either way, I feel much better right now.

Hopefully I have not spoken too soon!

Good for you! It took me a couple of weeks before I felt better. Kathi
    One Day At A Time
    Kathi

Comment

Greasy foods isn't really the biggest problem... The biggest flare triggers are acidic foods like (oranges, tomatoes etc.), caffeine, and spicy foods.

Good for you though, that you've taken the first step towards better health.
      current meds:
      cytotec 200mcg twice daily
      toprol
      allegra

ONLY 3 MEDICATIONS!!! YAY! Would never have dreamed this is possible

dx: hashimoto's thyroiditis 1998
      dx: interstitial cystitis via cystoscopy with hydrodistention and biopsy 2003
      dx: endometriosis 2003
      dx: innapropriate sinus tacchicardia 2005

meds tried but failed:
      elavil (6months)- severe tachycardia
      elmiron (1yr6mo.)- no improvement, nausea, hair loss, stomach ulcers
      a bunch of others

Me and my best friend's baby (also my Godson!)

Comment

HI Scraig, Glad the IC diet is working. I'm sure the pizza (tomato sauce and spices) and Coke (caffeine, carbonation and who knows what!) was really doing a number on your bladder! I'll bet with a few more days of being on the diet you'll see a big difference! Let us know how you are doing! Best wishes! Roxie

Double Spinal Cord Stimulator surgery 8/09
        Unsuccessful MiniArc sling surgery 12/07
        Dx'd Hypothyroid
        Dx'd Chronic Axonal Neuropathy & Myopathy
        June 2007
        Dx'd IC May 2006 (after suffering for 25+ yrs!)
        First Cysto 1979
        First Hydro 1981 (Many treatments since then!)
        Collagin"Durasphere" injections for urethra
        Gall bladder surgery Aug. 2004
        Gastric Bypass Dec. 2004
        Dx'd: Barrett's Esphogus July 2004
        Dx'd: Vaginal Atrophy 2005
        Bladder surgery 2000
        Dx'd: IBS 2000
        Hysterectomy (fibroids) 1999
        Laminectomy 1989
        Dx'd: Degerative Disk Disorder 1989

For IC I use Elmiron, Elavil and Freeze dried Aloe Vera (it works likes Elmiron, but naturally)and Azo as needed. I also take Zegerid, Randitine for Barrett's Esophagus. (which causes me to have constant yeast infections!)I take Cymbalta for Neuopathy/Myopathy pain. I use the Climara patch for menopause symptoms. I'm on a very strict diet because of the IC, IBS and Gastric Bypass. I take Primal Defense Probiotics and whole food Iron.
        I no longer have the awful urethral pain! I've been using MSM gel now for 4 mo. and haven't had a flare up or the urethra pain.....it's amazing stuff!!:woohoo:

Comment

hey scraig,

congrats on starting the diet! Now that you've been doing it a few days, how are you feelng?

23, symptoms for 9 years, severe for 7.5. Diagnosed for 6.

Comment

How in the world did you get yourself convinced to start the IC Diet? I have been telling myself for the past 3 years (dx 2004) to do the IC Diet, BUT I just can't get started on it. You will find that I have mentioned starting the IC Diet a lot on these posts, I just can't get myself to do it. Like anything else, I CAN'T get myself to do it. Even though I know I "go" alot when I drink certain things (coffee, pop, tea) I just can't get myself to give it up.

Good Luck!
            Kim (Chainsaw)

Comment

Kim,

Don't be too hard on yourself. I "went" alot for three years, but I didn't know anything about IC. It wasn't until I got PAIN that I went to the doc and paid attention. Before I actually had pain, I doubt I would have changed my habits.

You're human. Don't we try to get away with as much as we can?!!!

Darlene

Comment

Working...
              X