X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Momelf
    replied
    Kim,

Don't be too hard on yourself. I "went" alot for three years, but I didn't know anything about IC. It wasn't until I got PAIN that I went to the doc and paid attention. Before I actually had pain, I doubt I would have changed my habits.

You're human. Don't we try to get away with as much as we can?!!!

Darlene

Leave a comment:

• chainsaw
    replied
    How in the world did you get yourself convinced to start the IC Diet? I have been telling myself for the past 3 years (dx 2004) to do the IC Diet, BUT I just can't get started on it. You will find that I have mentioned starting the IC Diet a lot on these posts, I just can't get myself to do it. Like anything else, I CAN'T get myself to do it. Even though I know I "go" alot when I drink certain things (coffee, pop, tea) I just can't get myself to give it up.

Good Luck!
    Kim (Chainsaw)

Leave a comment:

• Diagnonsense
    replied
    hey scraig,

congrats on starting the diet! Now that you've been doing it a few days, how are you feelng?

Leave a comment:

• Roxie2007
    replied
    HI Scraig, Glad the IC diet is working. I'm sure the pizza (tomato sauce and spices) and Coke (caffeine, carbonation and who knows what!) was really doing a number on your bladder! I'll bet with a few more days of being on the diet you'll see a big difference! Let us know how you are doing! Best wishes! Roxie

Leave a comment:

• sacausa
    replied
    Greasy foods isn't really the biggest problem... The biggest flare triggers are acidic foods like (oranges, tomatoes etc.), caffeine, and spicy foods.

Good for you though, that you've taken the first step towards better health.

Leave a comment:

• Kathi
    replied
    Good for you! It took me a couple of weeks before I felt better. Kathi

Leave a comment:

• scraig
    started a topic Started the IC diet today...

Started the IC diet today...

OK, so after having a horrible time yesterday with pizza and coke I decided to try an IC diet type thing. I have illiminated greasy foods and any drink thats not water for now. So far today has been good! Slight retention still and very very mild cramping... much better than I have been doing in a week! I don't know if luck would have it that antibiotics have decided to kick in on the exact day I gave in to this idea, but either way, I feel much better right now.

Hopefully I have not spoken too soon!
Working...
X