Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1st appt. with pelvic PT

Sooo,

I had my 1st appt. with a pelvic physical therapist. She works with Isa Herrera who wrote one of the books they sell on this site. She was wonderful. Very funny and reassuring. The first thing she noticed was my c-section scar and said that it was severely indented in the middle making her think there was a lot of scar tissue that could be causing some issues. Also she physically moved my tailbone back to the middle as mine was all the way to the left. She thinks all of these things could make a "perfect storm" for the bladder irritation. She also mentioned a cold laser. Has anyone had that used on them. I have "homework to do every day and will be seeing her 1x a week until things improve. Anyone have some positive feedback about their physical therapy experience? I'd love to hear it!
    Currently I'm taking 10mg of elavil and .5mg of klonopin and they've helped but I'm still left with an awareness of my bladder that needs to be gone asap! Thanks!

Rachael

First PT visit

Originally posted by marar76 View Post
    Sooo,

I had my 1st appt. with a pelvic physical therapist. She works with Isa Herrera who wrote one of the books they sell on this site. She was wonderful. Very funny and reassuring. The first thing she noticed was my c-section scar and said that it was severely indented in the middle making her think there was a lot of scar tissue that could be causing some issues. Also she physically moved my tailbone back to the middle as mine was all the way to the left. She thinks all of these things could make a "perfect storm" for the bladder irritation. She also mentioned a cold laser. Has anyone had that used on them. I have "homework to do every day and will be seeing her 1x a week until things improve. Anyone have some positive feedback about their physical therapy experience? I'd love to hear it!
    Currently I'm taking 10mg of elavil and .5mg of klonopin and they've helped but I'm still left with an awareness of my bladder that needs to be gone asap! Thanks!

Rachael

Hi Rachel,
    Sorry, I haven't had any experience yet with PT,but your message was interesting to me because I've been noticing that since my back went out three weeks ago, my bladder has been much worse,(more pain). You said that the woman you saw put your tail bone back in place and told you that it's being way to the left could have been part of what was causing your problems.
    I wonder if my out of place back, or disc, or whatever,(going to doctor next week for evaluation), could be causing some of this new pain.
    Anyway, I didn't mean to go on about myself.
    I hope that the PT continues to help you. It sounds like you've found someone good.
    Laurie

Comment

Laurie,

Sorry to hear your having back problems on top of the bladder issues! I think all that lower back and pelvis stuff goes together. My pain is really at the tip of my tailbone right above my rectum. It doesn't hurt all the time, just when I sit or go to stand up. Ouch! I'll take that pain anyday over all this bladder B.S.! Anywho, I hope you feel better and I'd recommend checking out PT.

Rachael

Comment

First pt

Originally posted by marar76 View Post
        Laurie,

Sorry to hear your having back problems on top of the bladder issues! I think all that lower back and pelvis stuff goes together. My pain is really at the tip of my tailbone right above my rectum. It doesn't hurt all the time, just when I sit or go to stand up. Ouch! I'll take that pain anyday over all this bladder B.S.! Anywho, I hope you feel better and I'd recommend checking out PT.

Rachael

Thanks, Rachel. I've been thinking about PT but was a little nervous about it.
        I think I will give it a shot.
        Laurie

Comment

I love Isa Herrera, I have her book. I wish I lived in NY so I could go to her. I did go to PT for a while but then I had to stop working and it was too expensive. They did the same thing to me about the tailbone. It really does help a lot. I have all of my homework sheets that have my exercises on them and I try to do them. I also do a lot from Isa's book.

Good luck with your PT I know it has helped a lot of people. I am going to probably have to go back soon, my lower back is killing me and spasming a lot. I know it is from my PFD.

Take care,
          Sandra
          Link to the patient information, everything from What is IC? to Disability
          http://www.ic-network.com/patientlinks.html

American Urological Association Clinical Guideline
          Diagnosis and Treatment of Intersitial Cysitis/Painful Bladder Syndrom
          http://www.auanet.org/content/guidel...ent_ic-bps.pdf

Comment

Sandra,

Did it help your bladder? I don't have any pain per se, just the near constant awareness of my bladder it's driving me crazy!

Rachael

Comment

I've been in PT on and off x 1 year. I can now sit thanks to PT. Before I couldn't even sit 5 minutes. Yesterday I sat for 2 hours during my son's wrestling match. Stick with it I started to feel better after about 6-8 treatments.

Suzanne

Comment

Rachael,

It does work and like Suzanne said, stick with it. It might take some time but you should see results in one or two months. Be sure to do your "homework". Keep us updated as to how it is going.
                Sandra

Comment

Did you all go for pain or for bladder irritation? I don't have downright pain just the feeling that all is not right with my bladder. It should be a silent organ but mine I can definitely notice. I'm sick of it. I'm sick of thinking about my bladder!

Comment

I know what you mean! 3 years ago I probably couldn't have really told you where my bladder was, I knew the general area. Now, I feel like I can trace it! It is all I think about, and if I get lucky and stop thinking about it, IT reminds me where it is.

PT will help you even if you don't have pain. I would give it a good try, for those it helps, it really helps! I hope it will help you to forget about your bladder.

I know this is easier said than done, but try to relax. It will take a bit to start helping to the point you notice.

Comment

Working...
                    X